Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 AM   #41
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much sleep?

honestly I think they should stop on wednesdays but whatever.

Advertisement

Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 AM   #42
theonenonlymrssmith
Poet Laureate

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotmywings
honestly I think they should stop on wednesdays but whatever.
Agreed! Lets all stop sleeping on Wednesdays!! It's so overrated. LOL!
theonenonlymrssmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #43
mamasab
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lets just put it this way- I have one nursing babe and my 2 older kids have an appointment at a sleep clinic on Friday. An average night for me is 5-6 extremely interrupted hours of sleep. No one is even close to sleeping through the night around here. I'm lucky if they all sleep past 4am.

I am so very exhausted.
mamasab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #44
momtojande
Registered Users
Formerly: JonsMommy

My Mood:

Usually around 10:30 to 6:30. I'm pretty functional if I get good sleep during that time (less so if I have a lot of interruptions). But even then, I'm still yawning badly by 8ish. I have absolutely no stamina to stay out late.

I do best with 9 hours.
momtojande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 AM   #45
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't know. It just varies.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #46
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really need at least 9 hours. But I don't get it every night. I'm usually in bed around 11pm and up at 7:45am during the week. In order to make up for lost sleep I take at least 2-3 naps a week.

I have good sleepers, but I have 4 kids and they are each their own little person. Most nights dd3 comes in to bed with us anywhere between 2am-6am and I always wake up when she comes in, even if it is just to lift the covers to let her in. Sometimes ds gets up, but not usually. However he did last night and I ended up with him 3 times just after I had fallen asleep.

I def. notice I feel much more rested after a non broken nights sleep.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #47
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I usually go to bed at 10pm and wake up every morning at 6am, even weekends. All my kids are past the baby stage and sleep through the night in their own beds(unless they are sick or something). I feel really lucky at this point to get enough sleep, but I suppose I deserve it after having 3 of them being literally the WORST sleepers ever. Seriously my 3rd and 5th were so awful up to about a year old that I would end up sobbing almost daily about being so tired.

Now that we are past that point we stick to a really strict schedule - kids in bed at 8pm (little guy at 7:30 if possible), DH and I go watch TV after they are asleep and farm chores are done until 10pm. I wake up at 6 when my alarm goes off for taking my temp. for charting and I usually get up and go have coffee even if it is the weekend. DH usually sleeps in until 8 on the weekends, but I like having a set routine. I do great on this amount of sleep. to the mamas still in the trenches dealing with night waking!
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #48
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I usually get 9.5 to 10 hrs of sleep. I figure it's payback for all the years I worked the early shift at work and sleep I lost with ds1 who was a terrible sleeper and super early riser.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #49
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Usually fall asleep around 10:00 then I may have to get up between 4:30-5:30 to feed DD2 or she may sleep until 6:30-7.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #50
Fitter
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

not enough, lol! I usually go to bed around 11:30 and get out of bed at 7:30 but my LO still wakes to nurse 2-4 times a night, add in one older kid who needs to potty and one older kid with a random problem ( thirsty, sick, cold, nightmare) and I am usually up 4-6 times a night.

I feel like a zombie, I miss sleep!