Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #61
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how much sleep?

I have never slept well even when I was a kid. I'm majorly a night owl and insomnic by nature. That said I normally go to bed about 11-12 get up about 3-6 times to nurse baby or turn on a movie for the 3 yr old who can't sleep, or change a diaper, or get a sippy cup for said 3 yr old. and then get up around 7-8 am. Sometimes if I've had a longer night (like going to bed at 1-1:30 am and do the 3-6 times wake up I might sleep till 9:30 which I hate and screws up my days but it is what it is. Thank goodness for being a SAHM :P

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #62
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

6 hours I would say on average......night owl, little ones go to bed too late. Wish it were more lol.

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #63
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh, average during the week is 5-6 hours (I woh, no napportunities here). And DH wonders why I am so exhausted on the weekends.
Funny, everyone says the nb phase is so hard bc you don't sleep. I had no issue with that. It's the "Your 2YO just likes to chat at 1am and you have to make dinner at 9pm and bring work home and pretend to have a clean house and WHERE did DD put my keys?!?!" Phase that seems harder to me.

Last edited by DottieHarley; 02-07-2013 at 04:10 AM.
DottieHarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 AM   #64
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley
Ugh, average during the week is 5-6 hours (I woh, no napportunities here). And DH wonders why I am so exhausted on the weekends.
Funny, everyone says the nb phase is so hard bc you don't sleep. I had no issue with that. It's the "Your 2YO just likes to chat at 1am and you have to make dinner at 9pm and bring work home and pretend to have a clean house and WHERE did DD put my keys?!?!" Phase that seems harder to me.
Word.

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:06 AM   #65
ashley84
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Not nearly enough! I'm a night owl. I liven up at night, even when I'm actually exhausted. It's kind of miserable. Anytime I make it to bed before midnight is a win. The baby sleeps through the night 99% of the time. My almost 3 year old is up constantly though. He sleepwalks. We used to find him bawling and confused in random places through the house. We put a baby gate on his door. Now he just stands at the baby gate and wails. He goes back down quickly and relatively easily, but I don't. Some nights we have several sessions of this. I find it so hard to fall back asleep. DH's alarm goes off as early at 5am some mornings. I have to help him get up because he's just incapable of waking up on his own. That often leads to a fight because he's not always nice or even halfway coherent when woken. Then it takes me forever to fall back asleep again. The kids wake up anytime between 7 & 9 (if DSD isn't here and up for school). I love the days when they sleep until 9!

I just can't ever shut my brain off. Also, if I'm anticipating an alarm going off soon I really struggle to relax. It's ridiculous. Some nights I lay awake for hours. I hate it.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:52 AM   #66
mg5g
Self Ban

My Mood:

I get 7 hours on a good night - 4 on a bad - but that is never without having to get up at least once. My kids sleep through the night most nights but if they all wake up just once a week that is 5 nights sleep buggered right there. Our dogs and cats also like to wake me up. I need about 9 to feel good.
mg5g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:00 PM   #67
jessicawynnemacdonald
Registered Users

I go to bed around 10 (I would seriously go to sleep at 830 but DH stays up and I try to spend evenings with him...if he goes out though, I'm in bed early) and get up when the baby wakes at 6. I get up at 1 to pump though, so by the time I'm back to sleep I lose about an hour in the night.
jessicawynnemacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #68
ifyousaygo
Registered Users

I like to get about 6 hours. Any more than that and I have a hard time waking up in the morning and feel groggy all day. I usually go to bed around midnight and wake up around 6. Dh needs more sleep. He usually falls asleep on the couch while we're watching tv at night. lol

Save 15% on non-sale items at FRUGI, 100% organic and cut for cloth! Use code HARRIET
ifyousaygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #69
MakingHome
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post
How much sleep do YOU get?

Like for me usually am in bed 10:30 and up at 6:30 but i also have bad sleepers and i am a light sleeper so i am up several times tucking someone back in, going potty, feeding a bottle, etc.

I am exhausted btw, just wondering what the avg around here is?
I get as much sleep as I need to, and the amount depends fully on whether or not I opt for a later night with dh or not. Some days we just want to crash and then some days we want to enjoy time together and then other times we just want to veg out after the kids are in bed.

I would say I average 8 hours/night. It is rare for me to wake up with anyone. Maybe once or twice a month if someone is sick?

I aim to encourage Christian women at Making Home.
MakingHome is offline   Reply With Quote