Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 PM   #91
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More February

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
This. And I can babysit

Are injections painful like a flu shot or not so much like an insulin shot. And at what point does one move to injectables? Do you have to go the clomid route first (I ask because my two-day Af are super light and I don't know if they could withstand anymore lining thinning...)

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I think it depends on you and your dr. We have been very slow about it. It's taken us years to be to the point where we are ready to try injectables. I know many folks try a whole lot less time than we do who already moved on to them. My dr was actually really suprised when we transfered to him that we'd been at this so long and hadn't moved on. I think you move on when other stuff doesn't work. And clomid isn't the only pill option, there are other meds.

Advertisement

slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #92
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We're thinking meds by April (2 more cycles). I'm leery of clomid for two reasons: the lining issue, and that it increases estrogen, which seems to be my issue to begin with- too much estrogen. Idk.

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 AM   #93
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My temps shot up another .15 degrees today (7dpo) and I got a whif of something funky when I walked into school today and I barfed. Twice. Very nauseous right now. FWIW, I've been sick with the last two before I got the positive test...
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:47 AM   #94
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

So I have a job interview Friday for a part time job doing online teaching in the evenings. I am hoping I get it and that if I do that dh would look back at IVF. It would give us over 6K extra a year so that would easily pay for the whole IVF in 2 years.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #95
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
OK and tell me how you think my timing sounds.

We dtd last night, and I'm thinking I will trigger Thurs. at 11:30 am (on my lunch hour) and then we will DTD around 10 on Thurs. night (so about 11 hours after trigger) and again around 11:30 Friday night (so about 36 hours after trigger) Does that sound ok?

I'm being a bad patient. My dr. office told me that they wanted me to trigger by tonight for IUI Thursday or this morning for timed intercourse on Wed. night. Well I only had 2 follies and she said that if I waited until Thu. to trigger that I would have 'too many' I had two 17's on my left ovary but a 12,13, and 14 on my right, I am hoping that these two extra days and the trigger will give them time to mature and we will have 5 follies instead of 2. I know its taking a little risk by doing this, she said the chance of triplets is high, but I really just don't care, I just want to up our chances. I think they'd probably kill me if they knew I was waiting to trigger, but what they don't know won't hurt them right?
The timing sounds right, & so does your rationale from your other posts...yes, there is a risk of multiples, but my RE had no problem triggering me w/ 5ish follies for IUI...and well, you can see where that got me (and I have no identified infertility!).

Quote:
This. And I can babysit

Are injections painful like a flu shot or not so much like an insulin shot. And at what point does one move to injectables? Do you have to go the clomid route first (I ask because my two-day Af are super light and I don't know if they could withstand anymore lining thinning...)

Depends on what you get...I was on Lupron & Gonal F & those were insulin needles. The hcg trigger was an IM w/ a longer, larger gauge needle & that was more like a flu shot. You do get used to it very quickly & the actual injections aren't a big deal for me. But there are a lot of medication choices & several administration routes, so you do have some options.

I went straight from an unmedicated IUI cycle to injectibles, never did Clomid. I told them at the office that was my preference & they were totally fine with it. I did 4 medicated IUIs & then an IVF. I am lucky that my insurance (through DP's work) is so good, b/c they cover almost all the meds & monitoring, so we could afford to be more aggressive.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #96
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm so jealous of you Carrie. We have 1500.00 of fertility coverage after our deductible (with us paying 20% and copays) with a lifetime max of 5,000. And my dr. doesn't even take our insurance. I'm considering transferring down to another clinic that does take it. That would at least cover 1-2 more IUI cycles, so maybe we could do that, or if we do go the IVF route we will probably go down there so we can use our insurance.

I'm triggering tomorrow but I have to do it at work for our timing to be right. I have kids in my room every lunch so I need to figure out somewhere for them to go, I just don't want to stress about it with kids around.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #97
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
So I have a job interview Friday for a part time job doing online teaching in the evenings. I am hoping I get it and that if I do that dh would look back at IVF. It would give us over 6K extra a year so that would easily pay for the whole IVF in 2 years.
That would be awesome! I've heard there is a lot of that starting up. I've been curious about it, but mainly as a job option for dh if he can't physically handle a shop/classroom at some point. I'd love more info if you dont' mind sharing- I realize you teach different ages than me but I'd be curious.

Quote:
I'm so jealous of you Carrie. We have 1500.00 of fertility coverage after our deductible (with us paying 20% and copays) with a lifetime max of 5,000. And my dr. doesn't even take our insurance. I'm considering transferring down to another clinic that does take it. That would at least cover 1-2 more IUI cycles, so maybe we could do that, or if we do go the IVF route we will probably go down there so we can use our insurance.

I'm triggering tomorrow but I have to do it at work for our timing to be right. I have kids in my room every lunch so I need to figure out somewhere for them to go, I just don't want to stress about it with kids around.
Also very jealous! My insurance doesn't consider me "infertile" according to them. I have a living child so I don't qualify to use the coverage that I pay for. Dh's insurance (we both pay for family plans- it's expensive but with our medical bills it works out better for us) anyway, his has a $5K a year limit up to a 15K lifetime max, but is only accepted in our state by the university hospital over an hour and a half away. Now I'm sure there are many who travel further. And if we get much past one or two iui's with our current dr.I will be transfering down because that is all our funds can handle. But it's SOOO very much missed work, and finding someone to watch ds and all fo that it's so much easeir to go to the clinic 30 min. away that's right by dh's work.

AFM, as if the flu I've had all weekend wasn't enough now it's CD1 again. And I feel like poop. My stomach kills and I can barely eat, I'm achy and tired, and now the cramps are killing me. And of course I went to work today because well, I pretty much have to be dying to take time off. I want to go to sleep but I still have to milk TWO sheep now (one has oversupply issues and has so much milk she hurts and won't let her babies nurse until we relieve the pressure for her, poor thing ) and my "regular" milk sheep. And thanks to a broken leg I have a bottle lamb to feed now. I'm really hating the sheep right now. But then I see my son, cuddling our little broken legged lamb, singing to it and taking care of it and I know this life is the life I choose for a reason.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #98
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

oops!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart

Last edited by JCPACandMommy; 02-20-2013 at 05:33 PM.
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #99
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
This. And I can babysit

I did Femara for 4 months then got sent to the RE and started right away on injectables! The Follistem isn't bad at all it is just like an Insulin shot, it even comes in the pen form..Just screw on the needle and inject in the belly! I'll agree that the Trigger is a little more of a pinch but it is a tad bit bigger needle...I too was a needle phobe until I had Gestational Diabeties with my DS! and now I am on 100mg Progesterone suppositories at night...I hate them with a passion...well the D/C that comes with it anyways!!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #100
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
That would be awesome! I've heard there is a lot of that starting up. I've been curious about it, but mainly as a job option for dh if he can't physically handle a shop/classroom at some point. I'd love more info if you dont' mind sharing- I realize you teach different ages than me but I'd be curious.

Also very jealous! My insurance doesn't consider me "infertile" according to them. I have a living child so I don't qualify to use the coverage that I pay for. Dh's insurance (we both pay for family plans- it's expensive but with our medical bills it works out better for us) anyway, his has a $5K a year limit up to a 15K lifetime max, but is only accepted in our state by the university hospital over an hour and a half away. Now I'm sure there are many who travel further. And if we get much past one or two iui's with our current dr.I will be transfering down because that is all our funds can handle. But it's SOOO very much missed work, and finding someone to watch ds and all fo that it's so much easeir to go to the clinic 30 min. away that's right by dh's work.

AFM, as if the flu I've had all weekend wasn't enough now it's CD1 again. And I feel like poop. My stomach kills and I can barely eat, I'm achy and tired, and now the cramps are killing me. And of course I went to work today because well, I pretty much have to be dying to take time off. I want to go to sleep but I still have to milk TWO sheep now (one has oversupply issues and has so much milk she hurts and won't let her babies nurse until we relieve the pressure for her, poor thing ) and my "regular" milk sheep. And thanks to a broken leg I have a bottle lamb to feed now. I'm really hating the sheep right now. But then I see my son, cuddling our little broken legged lamb, singing to it and taking care of it and I know this life is the life I choose for a reason.
I am lucky...NY has some laws around fertility coverage & insurance, but there are loopholes. My insurance through my work covers nothing...nada. DP's insurance is awesome for fertility coverage...meds are covered as part of the regular prescription plan, monitoring is covered, and 6 IUIs (lifetime). IVF is 80/20 coverage. It helps that my RE's office tries really hard to work with all insurances, and they have some great financing deals, and they are one of the lowest priced providers I know of. People travel from out of state to go to them b/c the price difference can sometimes offset the travel expense.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote