Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2013, 07:11 PM   #341
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Doc gave me good news! She told me its most likely the thyroid to blame for the very early losses, since the anticoagulant usually results in losses after the 6 week mark. She also said that since I carried my very first pregnancy to term, the "odds are in my favor" that I will carry another to term in the next 5 years even if I choose not to go the heparin route. She said my situation and numbers (one neg and one pos result) show possibly borderline clotting, so heparin would only be a prophylactic. I could carry to term eventually, the heparin would just make it happen faster. Since DH and I are on the fence about the heparin, this is fabulous news for us!

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.

Advertisement

I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:58 PM   #342
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More February

I'm sorry for all your losses Hope but I'm glad there is some light at the end of your tunnel!
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #343
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Whatever was going on with AF yesterday is gone today, it is here full force and worse than it's been in months. Anyway, we are not going to try this month just because I don't feel healed all the way. So I decided to do a fertility cleanse just to get my body ready, and am also trying to make every bite count as far as nutrition goes. I messed up today and had dessert at lunch because it was a co worker's birthday but otherwise i've done pretty well. Trying to really pump up the iron this weekend to account for AF so lamb chops for dinner tonight and we'll probably do steak tomorrow night. Maybe Liver on Sunday, have to remember to get some out to thaw. Been eating lots of seeds, nuts, berries, dark greens, and fish too. So really just trying to get ready so next month goes well. Hoping that trying to attack this thing from every angle helps. For the first time in a long time I feel at peace with what ever happens. At least for now I feel like it's ok if our family stays at one child. Of course I would love the other option, but it's the first time I've felt at peace that whatever happens will be ok.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #344
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everyone still out there? How are you all doing?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:21 AM   #345
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm doing great! Just came from the RE's office. I'm 8 wks today & everything looks good. They gave me the option, & of course I took them up on it, to come in next week for my last appt & u/s with them before being released to my ObGyn. I am seriously bummed that the CNM who delivered DD recently left the practice & I've had no luck locating her. I know she's working in our area medical university hospital network, but I don't know where or in which practice. If that changes, I would consider changing practices, but I'm fine with sticking with the folks I've seen in the past, too. In any case, Baby A is measuring 7w5d & hr is 166bpm; Baby B is measuring 7w4d & hr is 168bpm. I'm still anxious all the time, but it's such a pleasant surprise to get good news at the doctor's office, KWIM?
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:09 AM   #346
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yay Carrie! That is fantastic news!
Old 04-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #347
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Awesome Carrie!! It's just been so quite in here I've been worried.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #348
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriek38 View Post
I'm doing great! Just came from the RE's office. I'm 8 wks today & everything looks good. They gave me the option, & of course I took them up on it, to come in next week for my last appt & u/s with them before being released to my ObGyn. I am seriously bummed that the CNM who delivered DD recently left the practice & I've had no luck locating her. I know she's working in our area medical university hospital network, but I don't know where or in which practice. If that changes, I would consider changing practices, but I'm fine with sticking with the folks I've seen in the past, too. In any case, Baby A is measuring 7w5d & hr is 166bpm; Baby B is measuring 7w4d & hr is 168bpm. I'm still anxious all the time, but it's such a pleasant surprise to get good news at the doctor's office, KWIM?
I'm so glad they are doing great! I was just thinking about you this morning!!!
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #349
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am working on updating the list and posting a new thread for May/June. If you need an update will you please put it in red and post it so I can see it and get it on the new list? That would be great. Especially you ladies who are moving to pregnant and praying to make it (and post when you will be 12 weeks) and those who are in the Graduates section now. If you will help me out as I clean up and repost the list that would be great. Also please be patient with me if I accidentally delete or move someone wrong.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:05 AM   #350
keysersoze
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm a longtime lurker to this thread, but haven't posted mainly because I'm one of the few guys on this board, and didn't want to intrude, but I wanted to share news that other folks in my life don't "get". My wife and I have had five failed ivf cycles, and 1 failed injectable-iui cycle over the last year. We've totally exhausted our emotional and (limited) financial resources on this, and are in our final cycle. We decided to take a chance on frozen donor eggs through our RE, a procedure they've been doing since last summer with zero success. As in, they've only gotten one chemical pregnancy out of how ever many cycles they've done. They gave us a steep discount if we'd be willing to be guinea pigs, and this morning I got our fertilization report. Their thaw rate was as expected, at 50%, but of the remaining 9 eggs that thawed and were icsi'd, ALL 9 fertilized! Nobody IRL gets what a big deal this is. Over the last year, cumulatively, we've only had a total of 5 eggs fertilize -- across all 5 cycles. And, because of state school testing, my wide won't hear the amazing news until the end of the day, so I needed to "tell" someone, hope y'all don't mind that I barged in.

And, Carrie -- huge congrats again!