Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #351
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze
I'm a longtime lurker to this thread, but haven't posted mainly because I'm one of the few guys on this board, and didn't want to intrude, but I wanted to share news that other folks in my life don't "get". My wife and I have had five failed ivf cycles, and 1 failed injectable-iui cycle over the last year. We've totally exhausted our emotional and (limited) financial resources on this, and are in our final cycle. We decided to take a chance on frozen donor eggs through our RE, a procedure they've been doing since last summer with zero success. As in, they've only gotten one chemical pregnancy out of how ever many cycles they've done. They gave us a steep discount if we'd be willing to be guinea pigs, and this morning I got our fertilization report. Their thaw rate was as expected, at 50%, but of the remaining 9 eggs that thawed and were icsi'd, ALL 9 fertilized! Nobody IRL gets what a big deal this is. Over the last year, cumulatively, we've only had a total of 5 eggs fertilize -- across all 5 cycles. And, because of state school testing, my wide won't hear the amazing news until the end of the day, so I needed to "tell" someone, hope y'all don't mind that I barged in.

And, Carrie -- huge congrats again!
Congrats!! That is great great news!

Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #352
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More February

Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze View Post
I'm a longtime lurker to this thread, but haven't posted mainly because I'm one of the few guys on this board, and didn't want to intrude, but I wanted to share news that other folks in my life don't "get". My wife and I have had five failed ivf cycles, and 1 failed injectable-iui cycle over the last year. We've totally exhausted our emotional and (limited) financial resources on this, and are in our final cycle. We decided to take a chance on frozen donor eggs through our RE, a procedure they've been doing since last summer with zero success. As in, they've only gotten one chemical pregnancy out of how ever many cycles they've done. They gave us a steep discount if we'd be willing to be guinea pigs, and this morning I got our fertilization report. Their thaw rate was as expected, at 50%, but of the remaining 9 eggs that thawed and were icsi'd, ALL 9 fertilized! Nobody IRL gets what a big deal this is. Over the last year, cumulatively, we've only had a total of 5 eggs fertilize -- across all 5 cycles. And, because of state school testing, my wide won't hear the amazing news until the end of the day, so I needed to "tell" someone, hope y'all don't mind that I barged in.

OMG! That is HUGE, congrats! I so hope this cycle is a success for you; I know you've been trying for so long, and this is a wonderful outcome for being guinea pigs I also hope you don't call her your "wide" at home (I do love the humor of typos!). I think we want to get our live birth first (of course), but I'm really hoping to be able to donate the embryos we have frozen. After going through all the treatments and so forth, it really gives you an appreciation of how much things like this (donor eggs, embryos, etc.) mean to people trying to grow their families. Anyway, if everything ends up going well on our end, I think I'll be taking a year of leave from my job when I have the babies, so if you ever want to get the kids together, LMK! and all the best!
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #353
meeshkasheeba
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Carrie, sounds like things are going great for you.

Wow, that is great! How exciting. Keep us updated on how this goes.

AFM, Not a lot going on here. I got 2 pos OPK Monday and Tuesday so we will see if we caught anything. I went to my primary doc for some GI issues and now have a referral to a GI. I am hoping that the GI can figure something out more than, "You have IBS" I hate that diagnosis because I feel like it is a copout so they don't have to actually try to figure out what is wrong. The drug that the primary recommended is amytriptyline which just seems like another catch all that may ro may not help. We'll see.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:26 AM   #354
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Slimy, I am 18 weeks now, so move me wherever is appropriate.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:54 AM   #355
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Here's my update:

Screen Name (Real Name): Carriek38 (Carrie)
Current Children and age: Elliott, 3yrs
Losses: 02/12 CP, 05/12 6wks, 10/12 CP
Diagnosis: no known fertility issues, same-sex couple
Treatment and meds: 1 natural/4 medicated IUI cycles, 2 IVF cycles
Next Appointment: one more RE appt, then graduating to OB
EDD: 12/3/13 (will be 12 wks 5/23/13)

Last edited by carriek38; 04-26-2013 at 07:26 AM.
carriek38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:52 PM   #356
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Here's my update:

Screen Name (Real Name): hope4more (Mel)
Current Children and age: ds, 2yrs
Losses: 10/12 8wks, 1/13 4.5wks, 4/13 5wks
Diagnosis: PCOS, hypothyroidism, lupus anticoagulant disorder, mildly elevated cardiolipin antibodies
Treatment and meds: DCI/inositol to induce ovulation, daily aspirin, synthroid, heparin/lovenox/progesterone immediately on bfp
Next Appointment: May 2 with RE; repeat RPL panel May 29

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #357
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My update

Screen Name (Real Name): amyltc (Amy)
Current Children and age: DD1 Allie, age 7, DD2 Hannah age 5
Lost Children and dates: 7 weeks, 12/7/12
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, surgery to remove 9/14/10, mostly unexplained infertility
Treatment: This was a natural cycle, taking baby aspirin daily
Next appointment: 4/30 for my first u/s
Cycles TTC another: about 4 years
Due Date: 12/15/2013
12 week mark: June 1, 2013

I've been having lots more morning sickness which is reassuring, starting to feel more like I'm actually pregnant, my appointment is on Tuesday (they moved it up because I've had a lot of anxiety.) I'm a mixed bag of emotions about the appointment, on one hand I'm excited that I have almost made it past when I lost the last one, and I have been having lots of symptoms, so all should be well. On the other hand I tend to analyze every pain and moment where I lack symptoms and worry that I'll go on Tuesday and it will be bad news. I'm hoping we see a nice strong heartbeat and I will relax a lot after that, and if all goes well we are planning to tell the kids that night.

Last edited by amyltc; 04-26-2013 at 09:51 PM.
amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #358
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
My update

Screen Name (Real Name): amyltc (Amy)
Current Children and age: DD1 Allie, age 7, DD2 Hannah age 5
Lost Children and dates: 7 weeks, 12/7/12
Diagnosis: Endometriosis, surgery to remove 9/14/10, mostly unexplained infertility
Treatment: This was a natural cycle, taking baby aspirin daily
Next appointment: 4/30 for my first u/s
Cycles TTC another: about 4 years
Due Date: 12/15/2013
12 week mark: June 1, 2013

I've been having lots more morning sickness which is reassuring, starting to feel more like I'm actually pregnant, my appointment is on Tuesday (they moved it up because I've had a lot of anxiety.) I'm a mixed bag of emotions about the appointment, on one hand I'm excited that I have almost made it past when I lost the last one, and I have been having lots of symptoms, so all should be well. On the other hand I tend to analyze every pain and moment where I lack symptoms and worry that I'll go on Tuesday and it will be bad news. I'm hoping we see a nice strong heartbeat and I will relax a lot after that, and if all goes well we are planning to tell the kids that night.
Hoping all goes well
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #359
Kotzurk
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My Update:

Screen name: KotzurK (Real Name): Kelsie
Children and ages: Noah (Dec 2007)
Losses: Sept 06 twins 8 weeks, Feb 11 molar twins 8 weeks, Aug 12 triplets 10 weeks (Also lost DS's twin at 16 weeks) Feb 13, Baby A at 11 weeks
Diagnosis: PCOS, cervical cancer (in remission) and male factor
Treatment: Injections (Bravelle and Menopur) Ovidrel and IUI
Cycles TTC another: Since Sept 2010, including losses
EDD: Sept 25th (But will deliver early)
IT'S A BOY!!

Last edited by Kotzurk; 04-26-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Kotzurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #360
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Please please please put it in red so that when I'm slowly working through these I find them all. Thanks so much!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote