Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:47 AM   #81
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Blessed with Children, Struggling for More February

OK, I'll go ahead and get some robitussin today.

So tell me what you think of this. There are websites of people selling their leftover meds for way cheaper than the dr.'s office or pharmacy. Under what circumstances, if any, would you buy leftover meds from someone?

Advertisement

amyltc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:48 AM   #82
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Amy - We did the trigger and timed intercourse last time and got a BFP but ended as you know in a Blight Ovum and Ectopic... We are doing the same thing this time and we DTD the day of trigger and 2-3 days after! Im keeping my FX it worked again since we followed the same thing as last time!
FX and for you mama!!!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #83
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
OK, I'll go ahead and get some robitussin today.

So tell me what you think of this. There are websites of people selling their leftover meds for way cheaper than the dr.'s office or pharmacy. Under what circumstances, if any, would you buy leftover meds from someone?
If I already had a med regimen, no coverage for medications, & I was confident I was getting the real deal, yes, I probably would. While they can't ethically do it [anymore], my RE is a big supporter of med donation programs. I know of a couple families local to me who got pg & had meds left & gladly donated them to someone whose insurance wouldn't cover meds. B/c of the expense, it's fairly common.
carriek38 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #84
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

I would have to say I would but would have to be sure they were stored right and not past the expiration, ect... The injectables are harder because they are only good for 28 days after you open them so that might be more difficult but if they are un-opened then I Definitly would!! with pills you could always run a check when you got them with a pill ID program to make sure they are the correct thing!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #85
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

See I found some Bravelle, 75 IU vials and they don't expire until June. I figure it would be pretty hard to fake that, you can see the little medication Brick. They are asking like 150 for 8 vials, which would cost me about 400 at the dr. And there is someone else selling the ovidrell shot. I think I know that 150 iu of bravelle on days 6,8 and 10 usually gets me 3-4 follies so I was thinking of doing that and doing some cycles on our own. Then dh wouldn't even have to stress about it, and it would be way cheaper than the monitoring and the upfront cost of meds. I worry a little about getting ripped off from someone, but if they use pp, I guess I could file. I wish I could find someone local, but so far, no luck. Oh and the nice thing about bravelle is they are all separate little vials and they dont' need to be refrigerated or anything.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #86
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OK and tell me how you think my timing sounds.

We dtd last night, and I'm thinking I will trigger Thurs. at 11:30 am (on my lunch hour) and then we will DTD around 10 on Thurs. night (so about 11 hours after trigger) and again around 11:30 Friday night (so about 36 hours after trigger) Does that sound ok?

I'm being a bad patient. My dr. office told me that they wanted me to trigger by tonight for IUI Thursday or this morning for timed intercourse on Wed. night. Well I only had 2 follies and she said that if I waited until Thu. to trigger that I would have 'too many' I had two 17's on my left ovary but a 12,13, and 14 on my right, I am hoping that these two extra days and the trigger will give them time to mature and we will have 5 follies instead of 2. I know its taking a little risk by doing this, she said the chance of triplets is high, but I really just don't care, I just want to up our chances. I think they'd probably kill me if they knew I was waiting to trigger, but what they don't know won't hurt them right?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:01 PM   #87
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amy- preseed does work so does the musinex thing. Both of our last two losses were concieved using that combo, and on the first month of adding that to what we were already doing both times. I think walgreens locally has the preseed. As for the buying meds "used". IDK I would consider it. And what you are saying does make sense. I mean if you know your timing it just might work with a whole lot less stress.

AFM, sick with the flu all weekend. Back up today but not moving really fast. Kinda sluggish and foggy but I'm getting along. We finally had our last ewe lamb last night. She had quadruplets but two died, so we're hoping the two remaining make it because they were tiny. This is her second time having 4 but last time she only lost 1. I'm kind of relieved to be done lambing, it's one of the most stressful times of year for us.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #88
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
OK and tell me how you think my timing sounds.

We dtd last night, and I'm thinking I will trigger Thurs. at 11:30 am (on my lunch hour) and then we will DTD around 10 on Thurs. night (so about 11 hours after trigger) and again around 11:30 Friday night (so about 36 hours after trigger) Does that sound ok?

I'm being a bad patient. My dr. office told me that they wanted me to trigger by tonight for IUI Thursday or this morning for timed intercourse on Wed. night. Well I only had 2 follies and she said that if I waited until Thu. to trigger that I would have 'too many' I had two 17's on my left ovary but a 12,13, and 14 on my right, I am hoping that these two extra days and the trigger will give them time to mature and we will have 5 follies instead of 2. I know its taking a little risk by doing this, she said the chance of triplets is high, but I really just don't care, I just want to up our chances. I think they'd probably kill me if they knew I was waiting to trigger, but what they don't know won't hurt them right?
Don't tell them. And if you do have triplets, I'll sign up to help with the bringing in of dinner when they're born.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:12 PM   #89
Hope4More
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72

Don't tell them. And if you do have triplets, I'll sign up to help with the bringing in of dinner when they're born.
This. And I can babysit

Are injections painful like a flu shot or not so much like an insulin shot. And at what point does one move to injectables? Do you have to go the clomid route first (I ask because my two-day Af are super light and I don't know if they could withstand anymore lining thinning...)

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
I have given my cross to Jesus, who has a special talent for overcoming them, even if it means giving His own life...
Hope4More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:21 PM   #90
amyltc
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hope4More View Post
This. And I can babysit

Are injections painful like a flu shot or not so much like an insulin shot. And at what point does one move to injectables? Do you have to go the clomid route first (I ask because my two-day Af are super light and I don't know if they could withstand anymore lining thinning...)

Soryr fro typos. Setn by iPhone.
You ladies make me feel so much less crazy

For me, I am no longer responding to the clomid as well unfortunately (hence our wacky cycle this month). Also, the clomid will thin out your lining (mine was just over 7 yesterday at my u/s, which I've heard is the bare minimum, and is another reason I'm waiting to trigger, because I want it to thicken up more) the injectibles help with egg quality and the help with your lining. They aren't that bad, and this is coming from a complete needle phobe (one time I passed out at my dd's dentist appointment when they gave her the shot ) Good news is that I'm pretty well over my fear of needles Anyway, yeah its about like a flu shot, it doesn't hurt too bad, the main thing is to stick the needle in fast and at an angle, and then push the plunger slooooow. There is an awesome you tube video that I love if you get to that point. I would think that if you wanted to go straight to injectibles you could, they are pricey though (ask for Bravelle, its usually cheaper than gonal-F or follistim) The fsh injections are usually less painful than the hcg one for some reason. Have you tried femara yet? It doesn't thin the lining like clomid does.