Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-03-2013, 10:09 PM   #1
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

I thought I was sold on the radian, but now the mysize 70 has really caught my attention. My LO is 21 months, 28#s, and 35-36in tall. I want to keep him RF until 4 if at all possible.The only thing that makes me worry is that I saw on the graco site you can only RF until 40in in the my size 70. Little man is no legs all torso. Would this make the radian last longer in this case?
Also is there a big difference in the my size 70 and the headwise?
This will not be the only seat in the car. I will need 3 across in an Escape. My original choices were radian, recaro probooster, and chicco keyfit 30. If I go with the MS70 I was thinking (that of course), a graco turbo HBB with safety surroud, and a graco snugride 30 (or chicco key fit if needed). I would put the baby right in a radian or MS70, but DH says we need and infant seat.

Advertisement

Last edited by 2wonderfulboys; 02-04-2013 at 08:03 AM.
2wonderfulboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:37 AM   #2
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

Anyone?
Old 02-05-2013, 11:59 AM   #3
mrosehughes
Registered Users
seller

Re: radian or my size 70?

Which seat will last longer RFing largely depends on how your child grows, which can be hard to predict this far out. 28 lbs is somewhere between 50th and 75th percentile for weight, right? If he remains in that range, a 40 lb weight limit should get him to 4 RFing (40lbs is 82% for weight at 4). Whether he will make it to 4 by height in the my size 70 will also depend on his torso height, but that is one of the (or possibly *the*) tallest shell on the market. My guess is that both seats will get your DS close to, if not to, 4 RFing, unless he continues to grow mainly in his torso (often kids start to really grow legs around 2).

If it helps at all, my DS is 97th percentile height (slightly longer in torso than legs -- wears a size 5 in shirts and 4 in pants) and 95th for weight and still fits RFing in a radian at nearly 3.5. He would fit by height in a my size 70, but has outgrown a 40lb weight limit (he's 40lbs). It sounds like your DS is a bit smaller percentile-wise than my DS, especially for weight.

The thing I can't address at all is those three-across options in the Escape, and that may well make the decision for you. Hopefully someone else can comment on 3-across options in an Escape.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:54 PM   #4
imjustjessa
Registered Users

Re: radian or my size 70?

The MySize (and clones) gives an extra 4 inches of shell (it's allowed to be used until the child's head is 1 inch from the red "bar"). But, if you are looking for a 3-across, the Radian is narrower.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:42 PM   #5
2wonderfulboys
Registered Users
seller

I think we will have to go with the radian space wise I was hoping to save a little money with the mysize, but don't think that's going to happen.