Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 09:36 AM   #11
lizdanielle
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stripping diapers-best way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
How much of each do you use? I'm trying to decide whether to try rlr or blue dawn. You put the dawn right in the washer?
I just started buying CD but I bought almost all used diapers so I stripped them all when I got them. I have hard water and an old top loader washer with an agitator. I used original dawn, 2 tbs- 2 cycles and then rinsed a couple extra times. I actually didn't see anymore suds after the 2 cycles but I rinsed more JIC. Stink went away but they haven't been used yet.

Advertisement

lizdanielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #12
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
How much of each do you use? I'm trying to decide whether to try rlr or blue dawn. You put the dawn right in the washer?
I use a whole packet of the RLR. And the dawn, I fill up the washer with water and diapers, then kinda do a couple of rings around the basin with the dawn. I know, very scientific measuring. Worst case you put too much and have to do a few extra cycles to get it all out. I use dawn normally because I do it frequently so it it cheaper for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBailey87 View Post
This may be a crazy question but what is RLR?
http://www.diaperjunction.com/search...imageField.y=0
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:39 AM   #13
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBailey87 View Post
I use rockin green detergent (which I'll be changing after this bag is gone since it's obviously not working well!), medium water-not hard or soft really, and I do a cold rinse, hot wash with detergent, followed by another cold rinse. Hang to dry.
Yeah, RNG isn't that great. I stopped carrying it because I had so many people complain that it stopped working.
Ruby Moon or Lulus is a fantastic alternative. Strip your diapers first and than switch detergent. Try a warm rinse instead of cold, warm water gets out more than cold.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #14
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use Biokleen Oxygen Bleach once in a while while I feel like the diapers need some extra love. With my top loader next to never, my FL every once in a while.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:47 PM   #15
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I honestly don't think stripping is necessary if your diapers are getting clean in the first place. They are just not getting clean. I would say use another detergent for sure and use enough of it. Whatever you are using on your clothes try that. No need to try a bunch of stuff and run tons of rinses once you find the right detergent and routine.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote