Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #1
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Prepping Flip Trainers

I got Flip Trainers a few weeks ago, tried them briefly, had a lot of leaks, and so I'm packing them up to drive back to the Cottonbabies store and take advantage of their 30 guarantee ...

But I just wanted to check with the smart mamas here ... could the bad leaks be because I didn't prep them well enough?

I boiled them, for an hour actually, and then I washed them with soap at least once. Some got washed a few times.

I'm pretty sure the leak was because of the fit: when he was sitting on my lap, I looked down and there was a puddle on the couch beside us, and my pants were dry. I think when he sits they pooch out away from his body.

But if it's a prepping issue I might try them one more time ... I really don't like them, they come unsnapped so easily, but I don't have time to sew.

Advertisement

Old 02-06-2013, 05:00 PM   #2
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

Re: Prepping Flip Trainers

that sounds like a fit issue, we had the same problem with DD, so these aren't on my shopping list for DS
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #3
RockinLou
Registered Users
seller

oh, coming back to add that these only didn't leak for us if I put a flat in, but that wa as bulky as a diaper, and I felt sent the wrong signal for potty training, and the flat shifted on the way up and down, so it was more frustrating than it was worth.
RockinLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
TrennaII
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
oh, coming back to add that these only didn't leak for us if I put a flat in, but that wa as bulky as a diaper, and I felt sent the wrong signal for potty training, and the flat shifted on the way up and down, so it was more frustrating than it was worth.
Thank you. You just reminded me of the other problem: When he saw it he basically asked me, in his toddlerese, why the heck are you putting diapers on me again when I've been wearing underpants?

His "underpants" unfortunately are sposie Pull-Ups, I've been desperate to get him back into cloth but am not finding something that pulls up, doesn't look like a diaper at all, contains a full accident, feels wet, and is an AI2 style with a pant you reuse ... looks like these are going back to the store and I'll hang in there till I can sew him fleece pull-ups.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #5
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

I had the same problem when I tried them on my now 4yo when they first came out. I hoped that maybe we could try them on my newly potty trained 3yo for going out and nights but the reviews are not great. I think he might think they are diapers anyway because of the familiarity of the PUL colors and th bulk we would have with enough inserts. I adore Flip coovers for diapering but I am sticking with 7th generation sposie pullup for this stage. They are actually thin enough they make him feel like undies that he normally wears at home (Gerber cotton training undies) but give us full protection for when he needs it. Hopefully he will be past this stage really soon. He hasn't been having accidents in the pullups when we are out lately so I think he is close. I would just return them and push forward on getting to undies. I don't think most kids need trainers very long for days if they are ready :-)
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote