Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 AM   #1
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'm seriously at wits end with DS.

He wakes up screaming everyday. He wakes everyone in the house up. He's not waking up from a bad dream either. This is an everyday thing and its worse when I go in to get him. He prefers DH over me. Which makes the mornings I go to get him insane. I mean screaming, crying, kicking, "I don't want you, I want daddy".... They whole sha-bang.

He started to prefer DH after DD was born and DH took over a l lot of his care at the end of my pregnancy and PP. He still is the same way for DH just not as bad as with me. I'm really tired of this behavior. He wakes everyone in the house up and we are expecting a newbie in a few weeks. I really want this to stop.

Anyone have a kid like this? What do you do? How do you handle it? I hate going in to get him and by the time we are are ready for the day and get down stairs I'm so irritated. As in I have no patients because he spends the first hour he's awake crying, fussing, whinining....

Any advice would be appreciated!

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016

Last edited by kushie tushie; 02-07-2013 at 06:58 AM.
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
UVASahm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else have a kid like this?

Do you think he's getting enough sleep? I know my son is like that if he wakes up too early...
Old 02-07-2013, 07:03 AM   #3
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Hmmm.... This is the kind of thing that would help my kids in this situation.... Maybe bring in a sippy with cold water, kefir or milk and tell him to drink, wake up and calm down, and that you'll come get him when he's calm. ? How old is he?
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Anyone else have a kid like this?

Unless you need to get him up at a certain time, I would just let him get up on his own. Or are you meaning when y'all get him out of his bed, as in, he is still in a crib? If that is the case, I would get him a toddler, twin, or a mattress on the floor so he can get up on his own when he is ready, and make his room and the area outside it safe for him to be in without you, in case he gets up before you.
tallanvor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #5
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASahm
Do you think he's getting enough sleep? I know my son is like that if he wakes up too early...
He does this not matter how much sleep he gets. We also don't wake him up, he wakes on his own. Any he also does this when he wakes up from a nap as well.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 02-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #6
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption
Hmmm.... This is the kind of thing that would help my kids in this situation.... Maybe bring in a sippy with cold water, kefir or milk and tell him to drink, wake up and calm down, and that you'll come get him when he's calm. ? How old is he?
He always has a sippy cup of water by his bed. He will be 3yrs old in a couple of weeks.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor
Unless you need to get him up at a certain time, I would just let him get up on his own. Or are you meaning when y'all get him out of his bed, as in, he is still in a crib? If that is the case, I would get him a toddler, twin, or a mattress on the floor so he can get up on his own when he is ready, and make his room and the area outside it safe for him to be in without you, in case he gets up before you.
He is in a toddler bed. Has been since 20ish months. We won't get out of bed till we come in his room. He sits in bed and yells for us. He doesn't usually get out of bed till we get to his room.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:11 AM   #8
threelittlehoneys
formerly R***and**********
seller
seller

Does it seem like a tantrum? Or like there is something wrong?
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #9
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainandRedemption
Does it seem like a tantrum? Or like there is something wrong?
Like a tauntrum every single morning. This has been going on for as long as I can remember.... He was rarely that happy that woke up babbling and then it just turned in to this.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:14 AM   #10
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

To be honest- neither DH or I would allow that. You can want one parent- sure- but you can not be mean or hurtful. I would tell him 'that's a mean thing to say to mommy. You can stay in your room until I can be nice.

Then the screaming would suck. But end eventually. I would go in and talk to him about feelings, ect.

Also, can he not come get you? As in he gets himself up- queitly? My 3 rd old would get up and watch cartoons the playroom is outside my bedroom. He's wake me up. I'd say go watch one show and he would while I showered? Can you trust him to do something like that?