Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
Formerly: heyfire
seller
seller

My Mood:
Oops wrong zip.....update 2/7

I orderd a large order from a company and put the wrong zip, I have tracking and its going all over the US right now, is there anything I can do? Can I call the USPS and have them fix the zip and get it to the person?????Augh seems like the PO would see it and fix it................mine always lets me know when I have the wrong zip before shipping.

Well the tracking says it is in her town on 2/4 and is still there. I told the person recieveing the package to call or go down to her PO. Her postman knows she is expecting it, I just don't understand why its sitting there for 3 days

Advertisement

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases

Last edited by EmmieSuesbabyboutique; 02-07-2013 at 06:01 AM. Reason: update
EmmieSuesbabyboutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #2
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Oops wrong zip.....

id try calling and see what can be done. You actually may have to contract the company and have them call USPS about it.

Once i had a seller put the wrong postal code in, it was a pretty big headache but eventually my stuff got here, she ended up having to call canada post to get them to fix it to the proper code
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thank you.
I called USPS and they said, "sorry can't help you" really?

So emailed the company, its in China and I so hope the USPS dosen't ship it back before I can get this fixed.

10% off for a limited time. http://www.lenabrowndesings.com for all your knitting and crochet needle cases
Old 02-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

you know , this seems like a pretty simple fix....I would try calling again....or maybe going in to my local PO and explaining the situation. You would think they could just put a little note in the system so the next time it gets scans it...double beeps or something....and they can grab it and fix the zip. You *know* if you called and said it was something toxic they would be able to intercept it no problem (I don't reccommend calling and saying it was toxic....but I bet their system can intercept it easily if they wanted to.)

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

id call back, if the person says they cant help you then ask to speak to whoever is above them, someone has the power to fix it, it seems like it would be a fairly easy fix if they wanted to do it

I hope you are able to get this all worked out mama
TTC #4
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #6
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

that is what I thought to, but she said because its an international package they can't change anything....................really? how dumb is that, just change the zip its ONE number!
I am going to run up to my PO with the tracking and see if they can help me.
I put 60201 and its 61201

its the wrong one on the company's website, but its currect on my pp account

Last edited by EmmieSuesbabyboutique; 02-01-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

that seems like a strange answer to me, mail is mail isnt it? who cares if its international or domestic, if they can change it on one type they should be able to on anything

is the wrong zip, a legit one within your area? if it is i would imagine it will still get to you city, you may have more luck with your PO
TTC #4
Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I went in and talked to our PO and she told me that they (USPS) will look evenutally look at the city and state and if that is right then they will put the new zip on it. So that made me feel better.

Thanks all

Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #9
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

You know one time I had something really weird happen...

I ordered something for my mom, online....I typed all of her address in but the zip I put mine....apparently the package came to my local PO (which happened to be a very small PO where they knew everyone)....my postmaster recogined my MAIDEN name (as my mom's last name was on there) and delivered the package to me. The only thing that was for ME...was a same last name and a zip...everything else was for my mom...so sometimes they do change it and sometimes they don't (I had no idea I messed it up until it arrived at my house).

Also one time I ordered return labels with the wrong zip (actually with just 4 numbers as the zip)...I figured it didn't matter cause they were for return labels...how many times do we need those?!?

I totally forgot they were wrong and sent one as "self addressed envelope" using the label as my "address"...at some point the PO put the rest of the numbers in there...I guess by looking at the city.

SO.....I am thinking you should call the PO that the zip IS addressed to and give them a heads up...even try on the day it is there (if you can tell by the DC).....they might be able to intercept it quickly. Since it seems that packages make their whole route based soely on zip.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #10
EmmieSuesbabyboutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well I did hear back from the company and they told me that they called the PO and are unable to do anything about it!

It needs to go to IL...............it landed in NJ then went to MN, IL then to IA, it is in route somewhere as we speck. I did look it up and where it needs to go is right on the border of IA and IL so fingers crossed it will get there soon, it left IA on the 31st

I just don't understand why no one can fix this!

Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to try calling both po today

Last edited by EmmieSuesbabyboutique; 02-02-2013 at 05:42 AM.