Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM   #21
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

Yes, Janine, I am a food snob brat. At least when it comes to Tex Mex. could have worse vices, I suppose.

Personally I think the strep bugs are much worse than they were 20 years ago. I also think that Oreos have anti-bacterial properties, anti-strep bacterial properties in particular.

Back from taking Rosie to the eye doctor. Her eyes are responding much better to the glasses she got, and I've seen the difference in her Gym performance. She was happy to eat fish nuggets from McDs and go get Prisma Markers at Michaels with me, but didn't want to miss the rest of school. So I took her back. She didn't get that from me, LOL.

Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #22
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, I have been out of the loop on the weather situation. Apparently an epic storm coming late tonight. Trying to decide if taking the kids to the afterschool thing at church is a good idea today, in case it hits early and I am stuck in local rush hour traffic with 3 kids. Not the same as Detroit rush hour with the potential 100 car pileups, but the get stuck in a ditch kind of stuff. Or it could be nothing until the kids go to bed tonight. Gah.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #23
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

check www.weather.com channel and the hourly report, it will show with pretty good accuracy what time it will hit.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #24
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

i love snow..but again i am from upstate ny where our claim to fame is winning the golden snowball most years lol.

http://goldensnowball.com/

although my parents live about 10 miles north and they get double the snow we usually get. and my dad had surgery yesterday so i am on snow removal duty.

so walker is a terror. our main floor has one step up stella never bothered it however he loves going up it. and he has fallen once. I'm trying to figure out the best approach should i attempt to gate it there are two openings. one is larger than then other. or kinda try to keep him away. he will eventually learn i guess
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 PM   #25
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

hmm these are cool but expensive

http://www.retract-a-gate.com/index.html
Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM   #26
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been checking the weather, but honestly it changes so fast here it is kind of pointless.

Kari, I am not big on baby gates. We only had one in our whole baby career, and it was to the door of the office of the last Texas house that was full of computers and the catbox. We didn't gate off the 4 inch step down, or the kitchen, or any other rooms, etc. We did use one of those doorknob covers when Ginger first learned how to open doors so she would stay in bed at night for about a month, but we could hear when she used it so we knew if it was important for her to get out or not. The house before this one was the first one with stairs, half flights only, and we never could figure out how to gate it so Ian (then barely 2YO) had to figure it out the hard way.

IDK about full flights of stairs tho, this is the first house we've had with them. I totally see the argument for gates on full flights of stairs, but I have also heard when you have other younger kids that can't work them properly, it can cause more problems than it prevents. I think it totally depends on the particular kids involved. But I say if you can get along without them, you should try.
Old 02-07-2013, 01:11 PM   #27
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am useless on the baby gates...we only had one level houses with MH. She was 11 months old before she saw real stairs. We were at my sister's in MN. She learned how to use them in about 30 minutes. She was old enough that is went FAST.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #28
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I decided to punt on activities, even though the heavy snow shouldn't start until 9pm. Snow day likely tomorrow.

So we did playdoh and are chilling in front of the tv. pbj or grilled cheese for dinner. Maybe rent a movie tonight, if they get homework done.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #29
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

switched tonight to Pizza. Jerry and I are feeling the need for some cheese goodness...yum

I am grumpy tonight and MH is singing SKINAMARINKY DINKY DINK, SKINAMARINKY DINKY DO, I LOVE YOU...over and over....may have to banish her from my presence if she doesn't stop!
Old 02-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #30
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yeah we have never done gates. Wel shall see lol. At work now. Ad my tea came. That was super quick