Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
loganzmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Minimizing & Maximizing time?

Hope this is ok here if not please tell me how & where to move it.
I am trying to minimize my house we have WAY to much stuff. Lol I pick my son up in the afternoon from school so I usually waiting around 20 +/- min in line. I need ideas of what I can do during that time. In the past I have sorted receipts, cleaned the van, cut coupons, stuff like that but I am trying to figure out how I can minimize stuff while Im sitting in the van waiting. I dont mind bringing stuff with me to do as long as it can fit into a smallish tote bag (or around that size). I thought about if I could come up with some ideas I could just pack whatever up in the bags (maybe 5 at a time?) & place them in my van so they are in there in case I have a few min to spare even if not in car line. I thought I maybe you Awesome Ladies & Gents could help me out with ideas.
Thank you for reading!!

Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

If you have a cell phone with Internet service you could spend some time cleaning up your email box (I should take time for that!). Delete old emails, unsubscribe from email offers, etc. You could also join the realms of Pinterest to look for organizing ideas or recipes. Maybe this could be the time of day that you set up your weekly meal plan and write a grocery shopping list.
Old 02-08-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Re: Minimizing & Maximizing time?

I would probably read a book, or knit. Meal planning would also be good.
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
babynme8
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last year my oldest 2 got out of school 45 mins apart so I spent about an hour each day sitting in the car. I worked on felt play food for DD and swaps, clipped and sorted coupons, balanced check book, paid bills ( I keep stamps and address labels in my car), checked my emails on my phone, cut school photos and wrote info on the back, meal planned, made shopping and to-do lists, crocheted dishrags for Christmas gifts, planned my cubscout meetings, a few times I brought my medium sized file box with me and purged it, and this was also the only down time I really had to read magizines or books.

I have a 31 tote bag that I would load up for the week and keep in the car. It has little pockets on the outside that always held sissors, pens etc. and I kept a clip board in it as well. I found lots of things to while waiting in line but this year both boys get out at the same time and I found it is faster just to park and meet them in the lobby. Most of the time we are out of there before the buses even leave.
babynme8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
I would probably read a book, or knit. Meal planning would also be good.
This is what I used to do waiting in the carpool lane too. And occasionally clean the car itself, or return any phone calls (if your school allows you to use your phone while in park in the carpool lane, some places this is against the law to use a phone at all in the carpool lane). I miss having that quiet time, it's not the same standing around waiting for the school bus now.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo

This is what I used to do waiting in the carpool lane too. And occasionally clean the car itself, or return any phone calls (if your school allows you to use your phone while in park in the carpool lane, some places this is against the law to use a phone at all in the carpool lane). I miss having that quiet time, it's not the same standing around waiting for the school bus now.
Ooh, I hadn't thought about the cell phones being against the law in a carpool lane! Good point! I was throwing out ideas without actually having experience waiting in carpool lanes.
I like the reading a book idea. Don't feel guilty about taking a little time for yourself to relax