Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

Nevermind...

I think I've heard enough opinions, thanks to everyone who shared their stories.

Advertisement

Last edited by GrazieGirl; 02-08-2013 at 11:55 AM.
GrazieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: A child accidently injured my child

I think accident is the key word here, if it was intentional the absolutely but in this case I wouldn't do anything. I understand your dh's feelings but really where does he draw the line? What if you kid was hurt playing sports, playing with a group of kids, etc. would he still want to go after someone? I'm sorry your boy was hurt. I hope he's feeling better soon!

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #3
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm sorry mama, how awful! No I have not been in that position before but I'm not sure I would go after the parents. I mean yes a 6th grader should know better but they don't think. What I would do was talk to the school. Was there a teacher attending at recess? The school should have insurance and may cover those costs. Anyway that is where I would start if it were me.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Tell your husband he's WAY overreacting. What happened would be known as an accident. Kids were goofing around, and someone got hurt. He didn't even get hurt that badly, there aren't even stitches. No one was trying to throw rocks at your kid, no one expected your kid to be there when they were throwing rocks. Yeah, they shouldn't have been throwing rocks, but your kid probably should have watched where he was running too.

How would your DH feel if the situation were reversed. What if it was your son who threw the rock and the other kid who ran right in front of him at the wrong time?

If I were this other kid's parents, I would be livid that someone would even consider suing over something that dumb.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #5
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa View Post
I think accident is the key word here, if it was intentional the absolutely but in this case I wouldn't do anything. I understand your dh's feelings but really where does he draw the line? What if you kid was hurt playing sports, playing with a group of kids, etc. would he still want to go after someone? I'm sorry your boy was hurt. I hope he's feeling better soon!
I agree.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:55 AM   #6
ifyousaygo
Registered Users

It was an accident (although careless on the other boy's part), so, no, I would not go after his parents. If he's a decent kid he probably already feels bad enough about what he did. These things happen. It's part of life.
My son was at a church over-nighter. They were playing a running game and another kid pushed him into a door and split his head open, requiring a trip to the ER. I would never have thought to go after the kid or his parent. Getting hurt is an inherent risk when you are running/playing.
I really am sorry this happened, though. Poor guy!

Save 15% on non-sale items at FRUGI, 100% organic and cut for cloth! Use code HARRIET
ifyousaygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
Tell your husband he's WAY overreacting. What happened would be known as an accident. Kids were goofing around, and someone got hurt. He didn't even get hurt that badly, there aren't even stitches. No one was trying to throw rocks at your kid, no one expected your kid to be there when they were throwing rocks. Yeah, they shouldn't have been throwing rocks, but your kid probably should have watched where he was running too.

How would your DH feel if the situation were reversed. What if it was your son who threw the rock and the other kid who ran right in front of him at the wrong time?

If I were this other kid's parents, I would be livid that someone would even consider suing over something that dumb.
I second this, to sue or peruse anything of the sort over this type of accident is just unreasonable.

I'm glad your son is ok.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
I_run_with_scissors
Registered Users
seller
seller

Im sorry your son got hurt, but i wouldnt "go after" the parents of the other boy for anything. As you stated this was an accident, if it was deliberate would probably feel differently - but it wasnt in this case.
TTC #4
I_run_with_scissors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #9
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

Last edited by GrazieGirl; 02-08-2013 at 11:56 AM.
GrazieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:18 AM   #10
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by marliah View Post
I second this, to sue or peruse anything of the sort over this type of accident is just unreasonable.

I'm glad your son is ok.

Accidents happen. I wouldn't even have a thought to talk to the other parents or pay for an accident, although I probably would make sure my kid apologized.
I'm glad he's ok!

Last edited by Tris; 02-08-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote