Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hypnobabies?

Hi Ladies, have any of you used the hypnobabies method of childbirth? What was your experience like, was it as helpful as you expected it to be? I'm just starting to research this method and would love to hear how other mamas feel about it especially if you used other methods for previous births. This will be my second birth and I'm thinking about giving it a try but am a little sceptical.

Advertisement

Mama_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
Mummandherboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hypnobabies?

I would also love to hear more about this! I haven't used this method myself, but actually bought the set of CD's/books on here awhile ago in hopes of giving it a try this time around too! I knew that I wanted to look into it more and figured if it wasn't for us, then I would just pass it along to someone else on here I am hoping it will be something that will help me to finally not go for the epidural everytime!
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 PM   #3
You Tell 'Em
Registered Users
seller
seller

I did more listening of the tracks when I was pregnant with my last. Hubby didn't wanna participate so it was all on me. My labor went pretty fast and I do remember when I was listening to the birth day one while in labor I tuned it out I was doing my own thing that worked I never listened to the pushing baby out CD. It did help a lot with my mindset through the pregnancy and labor/delivery. This time since I still have the tracks (or I think I do somewhere) I will do a refresher (Especially since I will have a car ride to the hospital). It did help with relaxation and I would use the techniques in my head since my birth team was with me for less than an hour before baby was born at home.

Are you a WAHM crafter looking for an easy way to track inventory and pricing? I <3 using Craftybase!
Looking to add an advocacy design to your own shirt? All screen printed transfers are for sale on my Etsy store!

Last edited by You Tell 'Em; 07-14-2012 at 03:59 PM.
You Tell 'Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #4
lilbitcrunchy
Registered Users
Formerly: lovnbabygabi
seller

My Mood:

I did it. I loved it. I was totally fine during labor, never once did the "pain" seem intense at all and this was someone who begged for the epi with my first. I was up and chatting around, put my daughter to bed while my water was leaking out of me lol, walked down the hall and pushed out dd2 45 mins later in the tub. It literally was a normal day with me just pausing for a breath to calm myself and we just hung out. Best day of my life, I can't recommend Hypnobabies enough. I was totally present with the whole experience. DH did the scripts with me twice, and during transition, he did his part (put his hand on my shoulder) and I immediately relaxed more and got ready to push.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
Ellasundies
Registered Users

I had PTSD from my dd#2's birth. It was pretty bad. Hypnosis helped me a TON overcome nearly all of the anxiety I had. It especially helped during the pregnancy. My labor with dd#3 was weird it lasted for the better part of a week and things never really got intense until the last 10 seconds and two pushes. I don't know if the hypnosis helped keep things from getting intense or if that was just the way my labor went. Hypnosis even helped me turn my dd from breech to head down.

I do have some complaints about hypnobabies though. I do have some prior hypnosis experience (from earlier in the pregnancy) and then I got the hypnobabies course. IMHO there are some downfalls to HB. First of all they go on what seems like FOREVER before they actually start the hypnosis sessions on the CD's on stupid redundant things. It's annoying. There are also some suggestions that can be counterproductive. I think it's a great program but you may be able to find a better hypnosis CD from a local hypnotist.

My friend is a master hypnotist and it was her CD I used in labor.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Cashmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've done it with all 3 of my kids, and it worked wonderfully. You do feel pressure but not intense pain that makes contractions hurt. It's great for anxiety, sleeping, nursing...love it!
Old 07-21-2012, 07:47 AM   #7
Mama_K
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the responses mamas!
Mama_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #8
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

I had an epidural with my 1st baby. Then I used Hypnobabies with #2. When I ended up going into labor with her, it was so mild feeling compared to my first, I wasn't completely sure I was in labor! I ended up having an accidental unassisted homebirth because I literally felt no pain and wasn't sure I was in full blown labor until my water broke and she was born about 2 minutes later. I didn't practice it with #3 and #4, but the principles I learned helped me get through a homebirth of a 10lb14oz baby (labor was pain free, pushing was not exactly because he had his hand up by his head), and then a 21.5 hour pitocin induced labor completely pain med free. I ended up practicing it again with #5 (due to anxieties I had after #4's pregnancy, labor, delivery) and he was born at home within 3 hours of my water breaking at 9lbs even.

I would highly recommend it. I also tried HypBirth but did not like it as much as Hypnobabies. The 2 times I consistently listened to the tracks according to schedule and had them on while in labor, I can honestly say those births were pain free. The other 2 times I did not practice, I still experienced minimal pain due to the principles that Hypnobabies teaches (i.e. relax, open, no fear, etc...).
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Double post.
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 05:54 PM   #10
macksvolmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I bought the set. I am now 28 weeks and still haven't started the program! I am really looking forward to it, but I am slacking on getting started.
macksvolmom is offline   Reply With Quote