Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Constantly Sick (Not Morning Sickness)

This poor baby I feel like I have done nothing for him/her - I am constantly sick. Starting before I knew I was pregnant (at 5 weeks) I got a super sore throat, then really bad laryngitis and had a steroid shot - that all triggered oral thrush and I then had nystatin..... Ahhhhhhhh...

Then a few weeks later the sore throat finially felt better but at 10 weeks I found out I had a UTI (though I had no symptoms) and was put on antibiotics for a week.

Then at 10.5 weeks I got the Influenza Flu - I was able to keep the fever down with Tylonal and felt pretty good after 3-4 days.

Of course that is not enough and at 12.4 weeks I got the NoroVirus (stumach flu) - spent all of Friday evening till Saturday late morning on the bathroom floor. I have never been so weak in my life. I could not even lift my head up to throw up - like there was anything left to even come out but my body kept try! I am so drained. I have nothing left.

This poor little baby has had nothing but a terrible start and to make it worse they will be starting me on a CLASS D heart medication within the next month I wish i could just go in to hear a heart beat or something... Has anyone had such a ruff start?! I guess I am just looking for some who can relate.. and had a healthy little one after everything.

Advertisement

Last edited by CntryMama; 02-11-2013 at 09:38 AM.
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #2
wellsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Constantly Sick (Not Morning Sickness)

It seems I am always sick during pregnancy. I don't really get sick otherwise. This time I had a HORRIBLE throat infection before I even knew I was pregnant, I'm talking blisters and bleeding throat. I have had sinus infections and I got the flu that lasted for DAYS! I have never been as sick as I was then. Oh and an abcess tooth. It's rough. I take tons of vitamins and do all the things I do to stay healthy normally but for some reason during pregnancy it just doesn't do it. Hang in there. Your baby is ok I'm sure. All of mine have come after my due date very healthy.
wellsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
wordmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Big hugs mama. With my youngest I had strep, gastro bugs, kidney stones and pneumonia. She was born early, but healthy. Probiotics are great for helping your body fight off bugs. Try adding extra zinc to your diet too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Check out my blog, focusing on the wisdom of wee ones.
wordmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #4
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I definitely agree with the probiotics, vitamin D, and zinc. And K, because vitamin D needs K to be processed well. I'm sorry that you've had such a rough start! Do you really feel that the risks outweigh the benefits of the heart medication?
Old 02-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #5
CntryMama
Banned - User Requested
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by songbird516 View Post
I definitely agree with the probiotics, vitamin D, and zinc. And K, because vitamin D needs K to be processed well. I'm sorry that you've had such a rough start! Do you really feel that the risks outweigh the benefits of the heart medication?
I am probably lacking zinc so I will work on that and I also think I might need more protein. With out the heart medication the baby gets very little oxygen - my heart races over 200 beats a minute leaving me with little as it is The extra blood in my body is such a stresser :P I was on it with dd and she turned out perfect - was not even small/lowbirth weight though I was not on it till 21 weeks with her. This one will be a bit sooner because of my bad luck and the racing does not stop!
CntryMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
I am probably lacking zinc so I will work on that and I also think I might need more protein. With out the heart medication the baby gets very little oxygen - my heart races over 200 beats a minute leaving me with little as it is The extra blood in my body is such a stresser :P I was on it with dd and she turned out perfect - was not even small/lowbirth weight though I was not on it till 21 weeks with her. This one will be a bit sooner because of my bad luck and the racing does not stop!
Wow that sounds rough
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #7
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Omg, mama, this happens to me with every pregnancy!

I actually started to suspect that I am pregnant again once I hit my second straight week of being sick as heck.

Try probiotics. It did help me a bit.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 PM   #8
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CntryMama View Post
This poor baby I feel like I have done nothing for him/her - I am constantly sick. Starting before I knew I was pregnant (at 5 weeks) I got a super sore throat, then really bad laryngitis and had a steroid shot - that all triggered oral thrush and I then had nystatin..... Ahhhhhhhh...

Then a few weeks later the sore throat finially felt better but at 10 weeks I found out I had a UTI (though I had no symptoms) and was put on antibiotics for a week.

Then at 10.5 weeks I got the Influenza Flu - I was able to keep the fever down with Tylonal and felt pretty good after 3-4 days.

Of course that is not enough and at 12.4 weeks I got the NoroVirus (stumach flu) - spent all of Friday evening till Saturday late morning on the bathroom floor. I have never been so weak in my life. I could not even lift my head up to throw up - like there was anything left to even come out but my body kept try! I am so drained. I have nothing left.

This poor little baby has had nothing but a terrible start and to make it worse they will be starting me on a CLASS D heart medication within the next month I wish i could just go in to hear a heart beat or something... Has anyone had such a ruff start?! I guess I am just looking for some who can relate.. and had a healthy little one after everything.
I have to take a class D medication myself. Baby Gino was born healthy...has low muscle tone and wears braces...a hereditary condition not related to the meds and again am on the same medication and pregnant. Its SO SCARY and makes you feel guilty but if you're not healthy baby can't be. You got to take care of you so u survive so baby can too. Its ok. Take it one day at a time.
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #9
Maddalena
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddalena View Post

I have to take a class D medication myself. Baby Gino was born healthy...has low muscle tone and wears braces...a hereditary condition not related to the meds and again am on the same medication and pregnant. Its SO SCARY and makes you feel guilty but if you're not healthy baby can't be. You got to take care of you so u survive so baby can too. Its ok. Take it one day at a time.
Oh and the baby I took NO meds with and ate all organic...well...he has autism lmbo!
Maddalena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:53 AM   #10
amb2j
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ive been sick with one thing or another (and on medications) since September. Im just wanting to have this baby already so I can STOP being sick and exposing her to meds! I do all the natural/organic stuff, but still am sick as a dog! But, good thing is doc says she is healthy as ever and growing like a weed :-). FX...a couple more weeks to go :-)