Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 06:34 PM   #41
LaurenAppenzeller
Registered Users
seller

Re: Caffeine

i am not saying a soda is going to harm y our baby either(its just full of.chemicals) and ice tea.is fine too Im sure.

Advertisement

Last edited by LaurenAppenzeller; 02-12-2013 at 06:36 PM.
LaurenAppenzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 PM   #42
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinKristi
I drank it with every pregnancy. None of my babies had higher than normal HRs. I drank RedBull when pregnant. My OB said if it didn't have a warning on it and I'm within my 200mg I'm ok. Redbull had like 80mg I think. The vitamin B in it really helped my morning sickness and coffee gave me horrible heartburn. The lack of caffeine would have been horrible. When I was hospitalized for preterm labor for 2wks with my twins the nurses used to bring me Coke to drink all the time. They used to bring me It's-It's for dessert too! :-)
I'm sure it is an autocorrect thing but what are It's-It's? :-)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:57 PM   #43
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenAppenzeller
I havehave drank a cup or two of.coffee a day most days with both my pregnancies, less during the first but never more than that and.never any soda. in my opinion drinking a cup of good quality.organic coffee isn't bad at all. way way.better than soda or.deaf coffee. the chemicals they use to remove the caffeine.from coffee is much worse.for.you than the caffeine itself.
I will only buy organic decaf coffee b/c I agree, decaf chemicals freak me out too. It is a different process for organic but harder to find and more $$...still, worth it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #44
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It always depended on the pregnancy as far as if I could even handle caffeine. In some coffee and tea made me violently ill and in others I craved coffee like crazy.

I try to limit it in general, though, throughout pregnancy.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:04 AM   #45
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With my first pregnancy, I limited caffeine. With this last pregnancy, I just couldn't. I had to have 2 cups at least 4x a week, with both cream and sugar, and my baby still came out healthy.

I was extremely concerned and told my midwife that it was so difficult for me to work full time and go home to a 5 year old to care for (DH works nights). She told me to try my best to eat healthy for my other meals, and to really try my best. She suggested organic decaf, at least, so I would do 2 caffeinated coffees at 16 oz. 2x a week and decaf the other times.

My baby was born right on her due date with no issues at all.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #46
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP

Last edited by keonli; 02-13-2013 at 07:09 AM.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #47
Feronia
Registered Users
seller

I would have a cup of decaf coffee a day after the first trimester (only because coffee was repulsive to me with morning sickness)! I'd only get the organic, swiss water decaf because of the chemicals in regular decaf (like other posters mentioned). Sometimes I'd have half a cup of caffeinated coffee as well, and that's what I'm doing now -- one half caf cup of coffee a day while breastfeeding. I'd go insane otherwise! :P
Feronia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #48
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedwifenmama View Post
I drink coffee when I need the energy boost. It's only 1 cup and I don't feel the least bit guilty about it. I wouldn't drink more than 2 cups, though.
yup this.

And I love Starbucks, and I never order a decaf from there, either. And I get the biggest size. *gasp*

I get that deliciousness maybe once, occasionally twice a week, and it is almost always in addition to my typical morning cup (or two) of coffee.

I've honestly never majorly changed any of my lifestyle habits for any of my pregnancies.

Last edited by Kiliki; 02-13-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #49
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I was ok with it until my A&P class today, and what I learned about the blood brain barrier...And this was learned while I was gulping down a yummy pepsi. No more caffeine for me until I'm done breastfeeding!!! (And I'm just under 15 weeks pregnant at the moment LOL!)
Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 PM   #50
nestra
Registered Users

I drank a cup of coffee every morning while pregnant. One cup was about a third of what they say is safe and frankly, I need my coffee! Sometimes I think we get a little nuts with what we can and can't have during pregnancy.
nestra is offline   Reply With Quote