Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
weareborgswife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hair: does your sig. other care about it and how much do you spend?

A few years ago my husband let me know he didn't find my on length straight (stick straight) hair very becoming, and he gave me money to go get a "styled" hair cut and highlights- this first "try" he loved, but because it was so expensive ($135 for both) I really can't justify keeping it up- so I push as long as I can in between things- well the gal who did it first couldn't seem to remember how she did it because I would wait to long and this last time I HATED the hair cut, so I decided to do a barter with a friend who is an amazing hair stylist.

I let her know what I was looking for and she did what I thought was a great job and I LOVE it- but hubby just informed me that he doesn't like it as much as that "first time" (AGAIN with that hair! UGH) Anyway, if I were to have paid my friend it would have been in the $140 range for what she did, and we are struggling just to pay bills! Plus add in the "product" to keep it holding its shape (about $10-15 a month if I use it daily)

Do you find it "worth it" to spend $$$ on your hair? Does your significant other have a say? and how do you get a consistent hair cut? I am tired of going being exited and coming home to "well it's ok"

For reference: The most loved hair that we can't seem to recreate:

The recent hair cut:

Advertisement

weareborgswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hair: does your sig. other care about it and how much do you spend?

I got one haircut in 2012. Dh prefers it just the way it is, kind of wild and just doing its own thing.

I spend $0 on hair products aside from shampoo and conditioner
MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #3
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

The bangs are much shorter?
Old 02-08-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
megenic
Registered Users
seller

My husband knows there is no acceptable response other than "honey, your hair looks beautiful." LOL.

In all seriousness thiugh, I don't really give a flying whoop whether he likes my hair or not. I recently cut it into a pixie even though he doesn't prefer short hair...oh well, it's my hair! Luckily he thinks i look great no matter what, but even if he doesn't, he is just too kind to say anything negative.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #5
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
The bangs are much shorter?
..... i think you look nice in both - but the first pic has shorter layers that frame your face.

As for what happens in MY house - i have extremely curly, thick hair. Yes my DH has a strong opinion on my hair..... i don't spend much to care for it though. Just quality shampoo and an occasional cut (nothing major) to clip off dead ends is about it for me. I also have no grey hair (knock on wood!!!) so i havent run in to coloring yet - i've never colored my hair (blessed with natural auburn hair that every salon has told me to NEVER mess with!) but i'm not sure how well i am going to handle grey....
Old 02-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #6
madebymommy
Banned - User Requested
seller

My Mood:

My husband loves my hair straight, and long. My hair is naturally curly, so its a pain to straighten, but I like it straight too. However, I don't have the time to keep it long, so it's shoulder-length. I only get it cut every few months and spend like $20.
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My dh is happy to spend a lot for hair, always has been.

I am okay with spending a lot, if I don't go too often. My hair is long, but with short hair you have to go more often,

BTW, I think the new hair is better!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
Samandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My husband has his preferences, but no he doesn't care what I do with my hair. He's been wanting me to dye it blue for a long time. I don't know why. Blue is my least favorite color though. Plus I'm too pasty for blue hair. I don't spend any money on mine either. My MIL bleaches it for me and trims when needed. I have never been able to find a suitable style for me so I just keep it all one length and leave it natural or iron it straight. My hair is curlyish and dry, and doesn't like to grow.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #9
sandy_dandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have a great stylist who has been cutting my hair since 2008. I wind up going every 2-4 months, although last time I think it was nearly 6 months (because I had a new baby in between cuts, and so did the stylist).

She is about $60. I don't do any color, but she does a great job with the cut. She was a little cheaper (maybe $50?) when I first started going to her, but I am loyal because she's cut my hair for a long time, & it always looks good.

My husband doesn't care at all. He'd prefer if I'd left it long last time, but it drives me crazy so too bad!

I have had some really BAD $20 haircuts so I learned to spend a little more.

Hi! I'm Sandy, Rob's wife (7/06) & mommy to Eddie (9/09) and Katelyn (9/12).
Let me convert your bras to nursing bras! WAHM store open now! IHA/ISO
Independent Scentsy Family Consultant - love owning my own business!

Last edited by sandy_dandy; 02-08-2013 at 04:58 PM.
sandy_dandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #10
dncegrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My SO has a preference but I can do what I want. He says he likes it longer and likes it straightened sometimes and curly sometimes. He says he doesn't really like it when I cut it short but otherwise he likes it. He's no help. Lol.
dncegrl is offline   Reply With Quote