Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #11
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes my dh would be pissed if I spent a lot of money on my hair. $20 max. I have dreads and they don't cost anything. I do spend $8 every month on dye though

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #12
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DH doesn't care as long as it looks good. My stylist has been cutting my hair since I was 4 so she never charges me a lot

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #13
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Hair: does your sig. other care about it and how much do you spend?

I've honestly never in 20 yrs asked DH what he thinks I should do with my hair. I think he knows better than to express an opinion that is more than 'you look nice today'. !

I spend $80 to have it cut every 3mos or so. I'm starting to get grey so I guess I'm going to start colouring it too but trying to hold out as long as possible on that one.

I like the cut in your second photo better but they are VERY similar. Your DH must be very detail oriented to be able to see a significant difference.
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:44 PM   #14
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
My husband knows there is no acceptable response other than "honey, your hair looks beautiful." LOL.

In all seriousness thiugh, I don't really give a flying whoop whether he likes my hair or not. I recently cut it into a pixie even though he doesn't prefer short hair...oh well, it's my hair! Luckily he thinks i look great no matter what, but even if he doesn't, he is just too kind to say anything negative.
Pretty much this! He has no say, and no opinion. It's my hair. I keep it short and never color it. I spend $20 on a hair cut every 6 weeks and only use cheap hairspray when styling. If dh has a problem with it tough, but he doesn't. And I would NEVER spend that kind of money on hair, and we have the money to spend if I want to. I just don't, I feel bad spending $20!
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 PM   #15
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My husband likes my hair long but I cut it short about six years ago and kept it short until last June. I have been letting my hair grow out again (which DH loves) but I'll probably go short again in the next couple years. I always give my husband a heads up before I cut it.

Last edited by sillymama; 02-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #16
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic
My husband knows there is no acceptable response other than "honey, your hair looks beautiful." LOL.

In all seriousness thiugh, I don't really give a flying whoop whether he likes my hair or not. I recently cut it into a pixie even though he doesn't prefer short hair...oh well, it's my hair! Luckily he thinks i look great no matter what, but even if he doesn't, he is just too kind to say anything negative.
This.

I've never asked DH what he thinks of my style or if he'd prefer I change it. I hate my hair in my face, so it's usually in a ponytail.i usually trim it myself, I'm just too cheap to pay someone else to cut it since I don't do anything fancy with it. Maybe once a year, I'll go to fantastic sams or super cuts. I don't get colored or do anything more complicated than a few layers, so there's not much to mess up. So maybe $20 total on haircare, besides shampoo and conditioner.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
tesslouise
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hubby has been with me from a growing-out-a-pixie-cut style to hip-length hair to chopping it to my shoulders again, and there it has stayed. We don't really have extra money for haircuts right now...I do try to get it trimmed every...um...year?

If you have a hair stylists' school near you that can be a reasonably priced place to get a fancier 'do.
Amelia, married to Bear since 12/31/04; our daughter Rowan was born 8/6/09; our daughter Sapphira was born 8/17/12; due with DD3 6/17/15 (but after one two weeks late and one three weeks early, I'm not expecting a due-date baby!)
tesslouise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #18
acwakip
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH prefers my hair long and straight. It is currently down to my butt and becoming bothersome so I will probably trim an inch or so off so that I don't have to worry about sitting on it anymore.

DH has no specifications, he just knows he likes long hair. I color my hair (do it myself) every 6-8 weeks though as I am getting gray.

I don't style, but I do straighten my hair to get rid of the odd waves it seems to have.
acwakip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
PoshPants
Registered
seller

My Mood:

unless the money you are spending is food money, I think it's a non subject. if you buy salon sizes it's more up front but ends up less
Old 02-08-2013, 11:34 PM   #20
pgkcb13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH prefers my hair long and put up, which works because that's how I prefer it too I'm a dancer so it's most natural for me to just throw it in a bun. I haven't had it cut in years... it could probably use a good trim...

I also don't use anything on it... I no 'poo and that's it...

Every once in a while I miss dying my hair (I used to dye it crazy colors, blues and greens and purples, auburn red) and DH will admit that sometimes he misses it too, but with hair as long and thick as mine dying is a huge headache and honestly way too much maint. for this stage of my life.

P.S. I actually think the new cut is more flattering
ISO Gypsum Keens in Kids size 12
pgkcb13 is offline   Reply With Quote