Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #21
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I would never spend that kind of money on my hair. Dh wouldn't care because he's physically incapable of telling me no lol. We're just not that type of people though.

Dh also enjoys sleeping in his bed so he wouldn't express his distaste for my hair style.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #22
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

The blond is way brighter and the bangs are shorter in the 1st pic
Both look good although I do like the brightness of the blonde best
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:16 AM   #23
blackbirdmama*3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Hair: does your sig. other care about it and how much do you spend?

My dh prefers long hair but has never told me he was unhappy with any style I have chosen. Right now its barely shoulder length with layer and red and blond highlights and he says he loves it. He would prefer a longer length but he says it is my hair and I am the one who has to mess with it. I spend $55 every 6-8 weeks on cut and color and this is a huge discount by a close friend. I would not spend over $100 every couple of months just because I am too cheap. I am super happy with what I pay and what I get but I do realize that if I paid full price it would be much more expensive.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:20 AM   #24
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I much prefer the 2nd hair style.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:27 AM   #25
sma123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ha! I'm lucky i get to shower every other day and comb it daily. My hair is very straight and it's either down or in a pony tail... I don't "style" it and i've never colored it. I actually just got a haircut on tues ($20 groupon) for the first time since 2011. My dh said it's too short (2" past my shoulders). I told him to shove it. I'm due w/#3 in 10 days and I don't much care whether he likes my haircut or not. So yes i guess he has a preference; however unfortunately for him, i'm too tired, pregnant, stressed... to care.

Last edited by sma123; 02-09-2013 at 03:31 AM.
sma123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #26
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by megenic View Post
My husband knows there is no acceptable response other than "honey, your hair looks beautiful." LOL.
yup. I'm not going to do something he hates but he's never told me he hates a certain style. Do what makes you comfortable and happy
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:30 AM   #27
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy_dandy
I have a great stylist who has been cutting my hair since 2008. I wind up going every 2-4 months, although last time I think it was nearly 6 months (because I had a new baby in between cuts, and so did the stylist).

She is about $60. I don't do any color, but she does a great job with the cut. She was a little cheaper (maybe $50?) when I first started going to her, but I am loyal because she's cut my hair for a long time, & it always looks good.

My husband doesn't care at all. He'd prefer if I'd left it long last time, but it drives me crazy so too bad!

I have had some really BAD $20 haircuts so I learned to spend a little more.
This is me. I have thick, curly and difficult hair. I spend $55 every 2-3 months and love it. I tried cheaper places and it never comes out right. But I don't get highlights. I recently started washing my hair before I go just this last time. Knocked it down to $35! I just go in with damp hair. It worked out great.
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #28
ariandsofiesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DH likes my hair long (I am in the process of growing it out after years of being short...I missed long hair actually). He does not care how much I spend (w/in reason of course). I have to straighten my hair though and that can be a pain, but it is worth it.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #29
drabekgirl
Registered Users

I have stick straight hair and vary between long and bob. I do spend the money on GOOD shampoo/conditioner products b/c I'm in a pool a lot so I need the chlorine out (and most of the time that takes an extra product). I have highlighted in the past, but not recently no money for it. I pay $70 for a highlight, cut and eye brow wax.
drabekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #30
syfitz
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My dh likes mine longer, I like it shorter. I compromise and let it be as long as I can stand it (and cut it way short every once in a while ). I don't spend much on hair. I get it cut a few times a year for $35.
I compromise because I want dh to keep his hair very short and tidy (which is not really his preference). If I want him to take my opinion into consideration, then I need to take his opinion into consideration. Sometimes if he is getting a bit too shaggy for my liking I tell him to go get a haircut, or I will get one. That does it.