Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 02-16-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Registered Users
Due the 14th

Hi all I'm rather new here
Any have experience on using exclusively cloth for the newborn stage? I have 28 nb prefolds that my friend is converting into fitteds and I'm wondering if that's enough.
I wash Monday Wednesdays and Fridays.

Amycorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Due the 14th

Hi! Welcome! I personally like to have about a diaper per hour for newborns just to be safe. Newborns go through a LOT of diapers. This is will be my third time cloth diapering a newborn. I have 24 newborn prefolds but wash every day due to sheer volume of diapers (I'll have 4 in diapers, lol). You didn't mention covers but I think I'd want 3-4 a day or so, again, just to be safe. Sometimes you might not touch that amount, but that day when they suddenly need a cover changed every other diaper change you'll be thankful =)
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Registered Users
Thank you! I actually have about 15 covers since we used contours with my first!
Amycorn is offline   Reply With Quote