Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
MCR's Avatar
MCR
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 10,642
My Mood:
My stroller shopping day was a bust!

I came home with nothing!
We tried out everything.
I'm so bummed out, I need a double of some sort, today we test drove.
Joovy caboose, Dd sat on the back seat and dragged her feet along the floor
The Sit and stand, this one I may still be interested in, none in stock, we tried the floor model, Dd fit, but I couldn't try the car seat, no attachment bar to be found!
Duo glider, way too big and long and heavy, wouldn't fit in my trunk and me being 4'11" I can't lift the thing
Eddie Bauer one that looks like an umberella, nice and small, Dd fit, impossible to stear with Dd in front seat, and baby flat in the back.
So I'm back to square one.
Anyone got any bright ideas for me. I'm looking at everything now, even side by side. For Dd 2.5 yrs 34lbs and tall. and new baby 7lbs and tiny.
HELP!!!

Advertisement

__________________
Mum to and and Wife to SHOP MR REBATES
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
lilmama2dsndd's Avatar
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,515
My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

When I use a stroller (DD is usually in a MTC and DS walking) we have a double umbrella stroller we got at the local flea market for $15. It is a side by side, but not too sure it would be very good for such a tiny one, but mine weren't much for strollers when they were little
__________________
SAHM to James (5 yrs) & Alice (3.5 yrs)
0*1*2*3 4
lilmama2dsndd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
GoddessWifeMom's Avatar
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,493
My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
I came home with nothing!
We tried out everything.
I'm so bummed out, I need a double of some sort, today we test drove.
Joovy caboose, Dd sat on the back seat and dragged her feet along the floor
The Sit and stand, this one I may still be interested in, none in stock, we tried the floor model, Dd fit, but I couldn't try the car seat, no attachment bar to be found!
Duo glider, way too big and long and heavy, wouldn't fit in my trunk and me being 4'11" I can't lift the thing
Eddie Bauer one that looks like an umberella, nice and small, Dd fit, impossible to stear with Dd in front seat, and baby flat in the back.
So I'm back to square one.
Anyone got any bright ideas for me. I'm looking at everything now, even side by side. For Dd 2.5 yrs 34lbs and tall. and new baby 7lbs and tiny.
HELP!!!
Did you try the Phil & Teds??

We have one and it's the BEST thing I've ever bought I wouldn't give it up for 1 million dollars!
__________________
Amy CDing, BWing Bfing Mama to Anastasia 08/04/05 Ephraim 11/12/06
Trying to convince DH to have another baby or TWO!
GoddessWifeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
nikkiof5's Avatar
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,835
My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessWifeMom View Post
Did you try the Phil & Teds??

We have one and it's the BEST thing I've ever bought I wouldn't give it up for 1 million dollars!
I hear AWESOME things about the Phil & Teds, They have an attachment that kinds slings underneath so the lil one is cradled..Kinda hard to explain but WAY cool! . But how about wearing your new one? So tiny, needs to be close to momma... Pouches are a GREAT easy learner first time carrier that babies LOVE.....
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #5
napua's Avatar
napua
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 12,102
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

Would your dd be able to stand on the back of a stroller that had the bar for a child to stand on? I have the Peg Perego Pliko P3 for my son but my dd can stand on the back of it and hold on when she gets tired. She really likes it and it will support a child up to 45 pounds. I also really like the infant seat that I bought to go with it.
__________________
J+C=M+M
napua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:52 PM   #6
GoddessWifeMom's Avatar
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,493
My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiof5 View Post
I hear AWESOME things about the Phil & Teds, They have an attachment that kinds slings underneath so the lil one is cradled..Kinda hard to explain but WAY cool! . But how about wearing your new one? So tiny, needs to be close to momma... Pouches are a GREAT easy learner first time carrier that babies LOVE.....
Hmm Are you talking about the cocoon?

If so it's GREAT we have one for DS because we weren't using an infant carrier, we already had a Britax for him because the carriers are crap IMO, and the cocoon was so handy in the stroller and in the house even.

We used it in the big pack N play in our room when he napped. I think he liked it better because he felt all cozy and tucked in.
__________________
Amy CDing, BWing Bfing Mama to Anastasia 08/04/05 Ephraim 11/12/06
Trying to convince DH to have another baby or TWO!
GoddessWifeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:55 PM   #7
GoddessWifeMom's Avatar
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 5,493
My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

Other ideas:

What about the Mountain Buggy Urban Elite??

http://mountainbuggy.sycamorekids.co...?categoryid=89

One side can be a pram.
__________________
Amy CDing, BWing Bfing Mama to Anastasia 08/04/05 Ephraim 11/12/06
Trying to convince DH to have another baby or TWO!
GoddessWifeMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
nikkiof5's Avatar
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,835
My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddessWifeMom View Post
Hmm Are you talking about the cocoon?

If so it's GREAT we have one for DS because we weren't using an infant carrier, we already had a Britax for him because the carriers are crap IMO, and the cocoon was so handy in the stroller and in the house even.

We used it in the big pack N play in our room when he napped. I think he liked it better because he felt all cozy and tucked in.
YEAH! The cocoon! WE never had one but I saw one when we were in Disneyland and It was SOOOOO cool!!!
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:38 PM   #9
alysia101's Avatar
alysia101
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 936
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

I like my Combi Twin Savy
__________________
Courtney
Mommy to Allison 10/14/05 and Nora 1/2/07
alysia101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:11 PM   #10
MCR's Avatar
MCR
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Northern California
Posts: 10,642
My Mood:
Re: My stroller shopping day was a bust!

All good suggestions, but I'm only good carrying a baby to about 15 or 16 lbs for very long, I have a ring sling I used a lot with Ds but or some reason can't get it comfy with this babe, she also has some feeding, choking, breathing problems I have to watch her for constantly (long story she's a foster baby right now)
So tucked away in the sling I worry I can't see her color or she's too curled over to breath (I'm a worry wart!)
I've been searching again online, the sit n stand elite that is a regular double is looking good, that way as Dd gets more reliable at not running away and dragging her feet on the ground I can switch it to a sngle with a platform.
But amazon revews are mixed. It big when folded to get in the trunk of the car.
I think the jogging strollers are the same aren't they, big for a car trunk?
I liked the look of the combi side by side. I may revisit that one too. Dd fit in it, and her feet were high enough up not to rub the wheels.
This is so much harder than I thought it would be! I figured, big deal, I'll need a double I'll just look around and go pick one up. What was I thinking
__________________
Mum to and and Wife to SHOP MR REBATES
MCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.