Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 10:10 PM   #1
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Looks like I'm joining you guys.

Just got my BFP tonight. Not sure when I'm due exactly, but I'm guessing early to mid october. I've yet to get AF back from after having DD and took a test on a whim because I was feeling queasy. I about had a hard attack as both lines showed up. Looks like I'm heading into new territory with nursing through a pregnancy if my supply stays and possibly tandem nursing. Still a little shocked but also really excited. I haven't told anybody, but DH(of course) and my due date group on facebook.

Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #2
mommy2boys2007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Looks like I'm joining you guys.

Welcome
Jamie, mama to DS-Daniel- 04-06-2005, DS- Michael- 06-16-2007(my birthday present!), DS-Samuel-12-13-2009, DD Abigail- 01-02-2012 baby #5 due October 1, 2013
mommy2boys2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hi :-)
Old 02-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Allie, its jill. I've been lurking on this group for a couple of weeks now! I can't wait to find out if I'll be here too! Then we'll be in the same due date club two times in a row! Congrats again!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:36 PM   #5
so_blessed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!!
so_blessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #6
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer's Wife View Post
Hi Allie, its jill. I've been lurking on this group for a couple of weeks now! I can't wait to find out if I'll be here too! Then we'll be in the same due date club two times in a row! Congrats again!
I know, it's so exciting. I'm gonna be so sad though if you don't get a BFP. When are you testing??
Old 02-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to test on Tuesday morning. I want to wait because I have already had negative tests and I know my body doesn't test positive early like some mamas. Thanks Allie, I hoping too!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh good we can work on tandem nursing together! My dd is 21 months and a susu-fiend. I'm going to have to work on getting her to sleep with out the breast. No cry sleep solutions and adventures in tandem nursing are both great books.

Congratulations!

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #9
allisonmartin
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarawithouth View Post
Oh good we can work on tandem nursing together! My dd is 21 months and a susu-fiend. I'm going to have to work on getting her to sleep with out the breast. No cry sleep solutions and adventures in tandem nursing are both great books.

Congratulations!
Thanks. Yes we can, this will be my first time tandeming and I'm so nervous. When I first found out I was terrified that I was going to lose my milk supply, but were 3 days in to knowing and so far I think were going to be fine, but I'm still keeping a close eye on her diaper output and trying to make sure she nurses plenty. She's not quite 10 months and my goal was to get her to at least a year, since DS weaned at 11 months and I was not happy about it. I will for sure be checking out the adventures in tandem nursing book, thanks for the recommendation. I was going to ask for some book recommendations. DD isn't to attached to the titty at night, but I sure would like to get her to start sleeping in her play pen again. We have a king sized bed, but it sure doesn't feel king sized with her stretched out in the middle of it.
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #10
Sarawithouth
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hah I know what you mean! We had started putting L down on a crib mattress next to our bed - we need to start doing that again. I'm nervous about tandeming too - I don't want dd to wean until she's really ready, but I do need dh on board with helping settle her without boob.

Sunny due in October!

We're a breastfeedin', babywearin', vax delayin', un-circumcisin', cloth diaperin', bedsharin', home birthin', atheist family from Texas!
Sarawithouth is offline   Reply With Quote