Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #1
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Baby gear. Mamaroo. Reviews??

Has anyone had one? I am just wondering if they are worth the price.

Advertisement

FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #2
Kwhit08
Registered Users

Re: Baby gear. Mamaroo. Reviews??

Will follow this bc I've been wondering same thing!
Kwhit08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 03:32 AM   #3
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Crashing

We had one for Poppy who is now 26mo. We sold it on Craigslist ages ago before she even outgrew it. We didn't like it at all. It moved very slow and didn't make her content for even a few minutes. We have used the Baby Bjorn bouncy FAR more. She was still sitting in it as a toddler chair until recently and it is washed up and ready to go for our squish who will be born today. I would say that it was one of if not the worst baby purchase we have made in 11 years of parenting.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:25 AM   #4
tfbmommy
Registered Users
seller

I also had one for baby #3. We didn't like it either. It would stop working intermittently and even if it was reclined as far back as it would go, it was still too upright for a newborn. We sold ours on Craigslist for WAY less than we paid for it.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #5
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It looks overly complicated. I had to look it up as it wasn't around when my son was little. I would go for a swing or a swing/stand alone seat like I have. I have this: http://www.diapers.com/p/fisher-pric...=%7Bkeyword%7D My son was able to use the seat till he was 2. He never was into the swing but it was nice to have none the less.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #6
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't, I'd go with a typical swing or what we really liked, a bouncer rocker that worked from infancy to about 2. I'm a minimalist. what'd you work out about those gmd workhorses btw? I had been eyeing them up too but couldn't decide if it was worth it or if I should just buy them new with the insert.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:00 AM   #7
FamiLEE
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
I wouldn't, I'd go with a typical swing or what we really liked, a bouncer rocker that worked from infancy to about 2. I'm a minimalist. what'd you work out about those gmd workhorses btw? I had been eyeing them up too but couldn't decide if it was worth it or if I should just buy them new with the insert.
Seller never got back to me
Guess ill probably just buy them new unless a good deal pops up.
Sad to hear all the bad reviews about these. I was excited to get one.
FamiLEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs
It looks overly complicated. I had to look it up as it wasn't around when my son was little. I would go for a swing or a swing/stand alone seat like I have. I have this: http://www.diapers.com/p/fisher-pric...=%7Bkeyword%7D My son was able to use the seat till he was 2. He never was into the swing but it was nice to have none the less.
This is basically what I plan to buy for this one. I haven't heard any raves for the Mamaroo. We had a small travel swing for DS and it just didn't have the oomph that he liked. Hopefully one of these big ones will! Is it odd that I have thought about going ahead and buying it now so my peanut toddler can use it too? (He's 22 lbs and still uses one at our Parents' Day Out.)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Ds loved ours. Dd not so much she has to be held. I got no hits on CL so mine us in storage

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:46 AM   #10
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Loved ours for DD - she loved it, too, which I guess is what really counts. Its small footprint was super nice, the cover was easy to remove and wash, and there are no random parts sticking out of it to poke me or trip me, lol. I don't regret buying it at all.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote