Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #51
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's the weekend!

funny. I was never a tradition in our house.

We did have a birthday cake every Christmas eve that my Mom made and was decorated with this silly plastic manger scene.

Advertisement

jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #52
jacksmommy1
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We had a Mardi GRAS part at work. Thus the cakes
Old 02-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #53
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Well, you can pretend you don't get the time off after all.

I have never seen a griddle like that Janine. Could you make pancakes on that, or is it too high a heat or something?

We went to a "Houston"-style (my definition) Asian buffet tonight. Meaning, a huge chinese restaurant buffet that has Chinese, Japanese, Vietnamese food, and then buffalo wings, pizza, and ice cream. All that was missing were the tortillas and refried beans. Our only mistake was not going there for lunch instead of dinner. Oops. It has been so long since we ate Asian food out I forgot that they serve almost the same thing for dinner but charge more.

Then we went to the Meijers closer to this house and I had all the same issues I always do there, they are out of whatever I need, the people in front of me need to do three different transactions, write checks, declined cards, etc and it takes forever even if there is only two people in front of me. Which is why I usually drive farther to go to our old one but this one was near the restaurant. Not how I wanted to spend my Saturday night, LOL.

I am wiped out. Won't have to rock me to sleep tonight.
I messaged last night saying maybe we should wait to get together when they have time to come here as we have more room....lmao on that one. I mean we have 80sqm. It's ridiculous to think she has a house and doesn't have enough room for us.

I cant lie and say I wont be getting the time off. I just cant do that.

It's just too stupid that I mentioned that we could go at all. I mean I'd already half planned in my head to go camping with Fynn at my friend Ruth's place. My friend that got married last year....the one where we were in a field all night and slept in the car.

The griddle has a temp changer so it should be possible
Old 02-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #54
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tired...it's my own fault really. I shouldn't have stayed up so late watching TV.

Fynn woke up at 7am, which I suppose isn't too bad really.

I had bananas that needed using up and a half a box of frozen blueberries that have been annoying me for weeks so I'm baking today. Plus it gives me something nice for the kids this week.

Anyway I just up a loaf of Vegan Banana walnut bread, and blueberry bread in the oven. One takes 60 minutes to bake, the other takes 50 minutes to bake. I made the banana walnut bread first, put it in the oven and then made the blueberry bread...they should both be ready at the same time.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:20 AM   #55
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shannon is struggling with Dativ ( Wem), and Acusativ (Wen, Was).....Any ideas as to how to help her Mel?

My only tip was to ignore the Wen and just to think of it as being Dativ being Who and Acusativ being what.

She was getting in a real muddle because Wem and Wen both mean who so she was unwilling to drop it and use the other.

Heiner cant really help her because he thinks like a German and "just knows it"
It seems Shannon is like me and thinks like a Brit.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:24 AM   #56
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and we think we've worked out why my body is suffering so much this weekend. I'd dropped my extra three magnesium tablets thinking that a multivitamin was enough...it's no where near enough and my body had been cramping up slowly over the whole body. I couldn't work it out until I thought about taking some today because I only narrowly avoided a massive calf cramp last night and today my legs are getting harder and it's getting more difficult to walk as the day goes on.

MIL had a stash of Magnesium so I've taken some now. I'll have to get some again tomorrow.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #57
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A little baking this morning. The blueberry bread took longer than expected but I think that's because the berries were frozen.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #58
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Janine I suffer with leg cramps at night. They are awful. When I remember my calcium and magnesium it does help. Sometimes they travel up my leg and Jerry has to help because the pain is paralyzing. I had bad calf cramps at 4 am that is why I am up now. I couldn't get back to sleep after I walked then out.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #59
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
MH is up, watching Monsters Inc.

I have the dishwasher, washer, and dryer going
Old 02-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #60
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Good morning!

I slept in this morning. It was bliss!! And, I can actually swallow without pain! It is cause for celebration for sure.

Ru and E are off to the grocery store. I just mixed up a batch of bread and it is now rising while I sip coffee and watch curling. It is lovely.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote