Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #1
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
anyone feel the need to iron their unpaper towels?

I'm not an iron-er. But they come out of the dryer so wrinkled/bunched up. I ironed them today, but then hurt 1 because I ironed the snap and it melted

I'm trying to make the switch to unpaper towels, but need to convince DH, so ironing to make them look nice (sounds silly when I type it aloud, I know)

suggestions?

Advertisement

pinktoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #2
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: anyone feel the need to iron their unpaper towels?

Ironing cleaning cloths? That is crazy! Crazier than ironing sheets. (Unless you enjoy it). I would probably stuff them in a drawer/basket before use or get some made of a non-wrinkly material. I take it yours are designed to snap together and sit out on a towel dispenser? What are yours made out of?

I just use a lot of cotton kitchen rags (basically, washcloths) and kitchen towels around the kitchen. I keep them in baskets under the sink since they are not the prettiest, and the dirties go in a mini laundry basket on the pantry floor. I think the snap kind would be too fiddly for me.
BSWmama is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #3
kris10mus
Registered Users
seller
seller

I made 2 rolls about a year ago now and hang dry them. I drape them over my drying rack and they don't get all wrinkly. The Terry isn't soft but since I just use them to clean and wipe things up they don't need to be
kris10mus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #4
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Mine are the snap kind. 1 side is terry the other cotton.
Learning experience I guess. More research less impulse next time I guess.
I like them on a roll to try to replace the paper on a roll as I think it will be an easier transition for DS.
The iron is an issue as they actually sat for about 3 weeks waiting for an iron. Maybe need non terry for roll and use these in a basket?
Old 04-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
fgg
Registered Users
seller
seller

We don't use paper towels here, but don't have official "unpaper towels" either. However, I can totally understand the urge to iron them. Every time I fold sheets I want to iron the top edge to make it sit flat, and I used to iron my woven wraps on occasion, and loved how nice they felt when I did. If yoru unpaper towels are sitting on your counter top, replacing paper towels, why wouldn't you want them to roll up nicely into a roll like their former occupant . I think someone else mentioned a basket of folded towels, which is more or less what we do. Kind of changes the presentation enough to not care about how flat they are. Good luck mama.
fgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #6
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
At least I know I'm not crazy.
Old 04-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #7
photocat
Registered Users

Nope, but then I don't really iron anything I keep a bunch of 'rags' in a bag under the sink for cleaning, dusting, whatevering and tea towels in a drawer. They do live out of sight though beacuse yeah, they get a lot of use and aren't all that pretty.

Dh will grab a rag if something needs a clean/wipe and the kids grab face washers out of the drawer with the tea towels.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:42 PM   #8
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'll bite. What are "face washers"?
Old 04-14-2013, 04:44 AM   #9
photocat
Registered Users

Hehe, face washers in Australia, face flannels in NZ, maybe face cloths in the US? Small squares of toweling type fabric folks often use for cleaning kids faces and hands.

photocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 AM   #10
pinktoes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ah. Thanks! Lol

That's what I'm trying to get away from paper towel for. We primarily use them to wipe up messes and children hands and faces. Not necessarily in that order. Lol.