Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 12:39 PM   #1
CurlyQ215
Registered Users
seller

Dogs and possible early pregnancy - am I crazy?

Just have to post SOMEWHERE or I might go officially crazy. Has anyone ever had their dog tell them they are pregnant? My husband thinks I'm already crazy, and no positive test yet BUT my dog has been acting strangely and, most notably, eating my underwear. Okay, gross. I can't believe I just typed that out in a public forum. Sorry, TTC is making me lose my mind, I guess.... The thing is that the only other time he had ever done that was during my last pregnancy, starting even before I got my first positive at 10 DPO (which was accurate based on having an IUI).

Now, I don't want to give my dog too much credit, but I am curious if anyone else has a dog who clues in to early pregnancy. I am approximately 12 DPO now and these final few days of the two week wait are torture! I am trying to keep low expectations since it was a natural cycle and we only BD once a few days before ovulation since my husband was traveling. Seems unlikely but I am curious though....

Advertisement

CurlyQ215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dogs and possible early pregnancy - am I crazy?

My dogs (two now- my old dog that I had 10 years ago and the dog I have now) have both been very clingy in early pregnancy. Won't leave my side, whine at me a lot. I always thought it was odd, but then again, they are training dogs to sniff out cancer cells in patients urine samples, so why wouldn't' they smell pregnancy hormones.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I think dogs can smell it, sure. Does that mean you are? I don't know, your dog may just be PMSing
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #4
CurlyQ215
Registered Users
seller

I'll be interested to see how it turns out. If my dog's accurate, I might have to rent him out to others in the two week wait ;-) If not, oh well, this would be a crazy month to month to conceive anyway since my husband deploys next fall. However, with as long as it took last time, we are not picky!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My sil's dog never cared for me much...except when I'm first pregnant. She sat right at my feet and beside me on the couch. It's the only time she pays me any mind.

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #6
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If your dog did the same with your first pregnacy and no other times... if definitely possible.... good luck
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #7
leviandgarettsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So when are you going to test?!?!? I'm betting on the dog!

leviandgarettsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #8
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My dog had been super clingy all weekend and dh and I were laughing at how crazy she is being with me! She was trying to sit on my lap (at 45 pounds) and kept trying to lick my face! She is old and usually just sleeps and ignores us but she is all over me lately. I think I will add this to my list of reasons to get my hopes up . Also my kids started asking all kinds of questions about babies out of the blue...that was already on my list haha.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:36 AM   #9
CurlyQ215
Registered Users
seller

Hope it's true, Danielle! I had run out of Internet cheapies this cycle, so I used a FRER today at presumably 13 DPO and I couldn't even convince myself it was a squinter (which is saying something!) so I am thinking my dog should have gotten into more trouble for his actions!

We shall see, but no real expectations at this point. I was only using OPKs and not charting this cycle so I suppose it could be a bit early BUT if I ovulated later than I thought, we almost certainly missed the window due to Hubby's travels!
Old 02-11-2013, 10:26 AM   #10
danimdel
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyQ215
Hope it's true, Danielle! I had run out of Internet cheapies this cycle, so I used a FRER today at presumably 13 DPO and I couldn't even convince myself it was a squinter (which is saying something!) so I am thinking my dog should have gotten into more trouble for his actions!

We shall see, but no real expectations at this point. I was only using OPKs and not charting this cycle so I suppose it could be a bit early BUT if I ovulated later than I thought, we almost certainly missed the window due to Hubby's travels!
I was hoping to see a bfp to prove your dog right! My dog is back to herself today and just sleeping...so I will probably chalk this up to me being a crazy lady. I'm testing weds or thurs so I will let you know!