Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Trimmest Nightworthy Combo

I don't like fitteds and wool, because the wet is wrapped all around them in the morning and a big soppy mess to take off. We use wipe clean all in twos in the day time, but I like stay dry at night because of sensitive skin.

Even stay dry was not enough for my 2yo, he got rashes all the time, so we switched to sposies, but we have another due in September, so I'd like to try again.

We used GMD Stay Dry hemp doublers with flats and PUL covers, but it's just such a thick platform butt. I'm thinking of using Apple Cheeks this time, since their the easiest pocket, but I was wondering what I can stuff it with that will be the most trim and still last all night.

At first we will change a lot during the night because of feedings and I am gathering a few newborn all in ones on sale for that, but after he/she starts sleeping longer we'll need something else.

We co-sleep, so something that would last a couple of night feedings would be great, and we may use disana pull on soakers for back up, just over the pocket instead of a fitted.

Advertisement

Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #2
tentrevival
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trimmest Nightworthy Combo

Anyone used hemp babies flats for night? How soon did you need a doubler? Are they crazy bulky pad folded?
Wife to RJ, who makes the world a beautiful place. Adoring Momma to Efrim Phoenix, my little prince (8-17-09), Julian Russell, my wild thing (11-04-10), Oscar Pax, our little bear (8-16-13), and missing Lucy Soul (1-29-12)
tentrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not for a newbie, but at about 3mo my favourite night time (aside from a Itti bitti boo) is a BG stuffed in this order top-bottom: velour/ba,boo doubler, zorb insert, wool doubler. The top absorbs fast, the zorb holds a good bit without being bulky and the wool holds even more, but absorbs slowly. It's trim because they aren't as wide through the crotch as hemp thirstiest or baby kicks inserts but pretty good at holding night time pee.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #4
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Applecheeks or amp 3 layer trifolds are pretty absorbent, soft and floppy. With a booster it lasts my 11 month old all night. She is not a super soaker though but nurses at least 1-2 times and pees a fair bit. I also like a flip organic with a booster but its much stiffer then the bamboo.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:16 PM   #5
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

Re: Trimmest Nightworthy Combo

geffen baby prefolds and super absorbers hold alot.