Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-10-2013, 11:40 PM   #1
azureskies
Registered Users

Question Happy Hempys

Talk to me about Happy Hempys. I only have pockets, and only snaps. I was happy to move away from aplix. But I'm curious about them for overnights for my heavy wetter. Any experience you can share? TIA!

Advertisement

azureskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy Hempys

I have never used them but I was researching them a little bit ago. They are a pocket fitted, meaning that you pretty much have to put inserts in it. They also come in both stay dry and not stay dry. Also had trouble finding a place to purchase one. Lastly they used to be sized and now its supposedly both but I think it's easier finding a OS. Not sure which way you were thinking.

I find pockets work well for us overnight, but with number 2 I was contemplating trying a fitted. I was looking at thirsties duo. I really like thirties products and its fully stay dry. There is a pocket that would probably need to be stuffed for overnight, but I like that it should be good for the daytime at least, unlike the HH.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #3
foundrychick
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have happy heinys hemp pocket and love them on my chunky thighed huge 15 month old. I got a used one on here 6 months ago..it's great for overnight. Are the ones you are referring to the fitteds? I have debated about those if we have a Bebe #2...interested to hear why others say since I like the fit...
foundrychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
azureskies
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixi6s View Post
I have never used them but I was researching them a little bit ago. They are a pocket fitted, meaning that you pretty much have to put inserts in it. They also come in both stay dry and not stay dry. Also had trouble finding a place to purchase one. Lastly they used to be sized and now its supposedly both but I think it's easier finding a OS. Not sure which way you were thinking.

I find pockets work well for us overnight, but with number 2 I was contemplating trying a fitted. I was looking at thirsties duo. I really like thirties products and its fully stay dry. There is a pocket that would probably need to be stuffed for overnight, but I like that it should be good for the daytime at least, unlike the HH.
See, I thought that it was a fitted with the OPTION of adding stuffing to the pocket. I didn't think that it meant that you HAD to add stuffing. I guess I should have asked the last time I was in Baby Frenzy. I was in a hurry though and didn't get to linger. I would probably go OS but I hadn't decided yet.

I looked at the Thirsties Duo Diaper. I have one, actually. It was okay. I liked the gussets. It was a little weird to me that the pocket is open on both ends. If you do go with Thirsties, I would say go with the snapped option, not the Aplix. I didn't find the Aplix to stick very well.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #5
azureskies
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by foundrychick View Post
I have happy heinys hemp pocket and love them on my chunky thighed huge 15 month old. I got a used one on here 6 months ago..it's great for overnight. Are the ones you are referring to the fitteds? I have debated about those if we have a Bebe #2...interested to hear why others say since I like the fit...
I thought the Happy Hempys were fitteds. I haven't used fitteds and I'm curious for overnight. Am I right that the absorbent material is throughout the diaper, including the hips and such? That's where I get failures with my pockets overnight. If baby is side sleeping, the hips just leak. I hope we can get some more replies from someone who has used them!
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #6
shen7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Happy hempys are pocket fitteds and you need something to stuff them with, plus a separate cover. We had some large sized ones (hemp inner, no stay dry) that we used at night for awhile, stuffed with thirsties duo hemp prefolds and a couple doublers, under wool. They worked well for awhile but my huge DD outgrew the rise and I destashed them. Great for overnight heavy wetters and if you want your night diaper to come apart completely for thorough washing.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are fitteds but i read they require stuffing

"The big benefit of Happy Hempys is that you decide what to stuff them with and how much stuffing your baby needs. Inserts are sold separately."
http://www.happyheinys.com/our-products/happy-hempy

"This is a pocket diaper, so it allows you to customize the absorbency by using however many inserts you need."
http://www.diaperco.com/store/p/102-Happy-Hempy.html
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:44 PM   #8
LaurelBelle
Curator of Newborn Diaper Forum Reference Sticky
seller

They were a bulletproof overnight dipe for us when properly stuffed ( 2 hemp insets plus doubler) and a pull on bummis whisper pant. My DS1 was a super soaker overnight!