Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #1
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Soap...particularly goats milk soap.

What kind of soap do you ladies use? I've tried kiss my face olive oil bar, an assortment of Dr Bronners...I like them all but hubbs does not. Anyone try an all natural, organic goats milk soap that would be good for face and body cleansing daily? Any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2013, 09:52 PM   #2
Art mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use one all the time that's made locally to me. The brand name is Goatie Girls. She has her own goats that she gets her milk from. If you want her store link let me know
Art mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:48 AM   #3
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Soap...particularly goats milk soap.

Thanks. I'm in the research stage right now. I'm not sure if I want to keep looking at different types of soaps in general or just go with a local lady who owns a goat farm/dairy and makes goats milk soaps too. I guess I'm wondering more what kind of soap would be good for acne prone skin and if goats milk soap would be a good thing for that?
Old 02-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #4
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

If the acne is on the face, I would recommend using the oil cleansing method. That's what I do. There is a lady here on the board that makes goat's milk soap and ewe's milk soap that I love and works well for my face. I didn't do the oil cleanse this summer at my in-law's, due to them not having a working shower, so used the soap. Not sure she'd have anything right now, though, as life has kind of bowled them over.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallanvor View Post
If the acne is on the face, I would recommend using the oil cleansing method. That's what I do. There is a lady here on the board that makes goat's milk soap and ewe's milk soap that I love and works well for my face. I didn't do the oil cleanse this summer at my in-law's, due to them not having a working shower, so used the soap. Not sure she'd have anything right now, though, as life has kind of bowled them over.
Does that work well for you? I've read abouit it and ordered some oils due to come next week sometime so I can try it. I've stopped wearing makeup for the last 3-4 days and have been putting coconut oil on my face as a moisturizer for the last two days (even though I hear it can clog pores if used for a long period of time). So far my face couldn't look better! I've been using honey and homemade scrubs to wash it and it really is something how fast it healed up and how nice my skin looks! I want something to keep in the shower for the boys and Sis (lives with us) to use though. We all have acne prone skin (except or little guy...he has eczema though) and I want something they aren't going to turn their noses up at. Hubbs says as long as it works and he feels clean after use, he'll use whatever I get him. Sis thinks I'm awfully crazy and calls me a disgusting "hippie". ((sighs)) I'm planning to switch it out without her noticing much.