Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2013, 05:33 AM   #1
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Yeast infection, how to treat naturally?

I've been fighting this yeast infection for a week! Usually I can use a little hydrogen peroxide and follow up with coconut oil and get rid of it in a day or so. But this one really has me! I've been doing that a couple times a day as well as taking a probiotic but it won't go away! It's better, but not gone. What do you ladies use?

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

Advertisement

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #2
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Yeast infection, how to treat naturally?

I've heard some women use garlic, also cutting out sugar will help.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Nickel+3
Registered Users
Formerly: nickel+2
seller

My Mood:
I use garlic. I stick it in like a tampon. Make sure it's organic and use one clove at a time.
#4 due in October!
Nickel+3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #4
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Umm, maybe TMI (or totally off base) but you may want to "sanitize" your undies :-) Like you would go crazy on your diapers if LO had yeast?
DD and I both were dealing with yeast last year. I did a separate load of just my undies (plus other stuff that could take the heat, just to fill out the load) - on the sanitize cycle. I didn't bleach, though. Might be worth a try.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DottieHarley
Umm, maybe TMI (or totally off base) but you may want to "sanitize" your undies :-) Like you would go crazy on your diapers if LO had yeast?
DD and I both were dealing with yeast last year. I did a separate load of just my undies (plus other stuff that could take the heat, just to fill out the load) - on the sanitize cycle. I didn't bleach, though. Might be worth a try.
That's a good idea. I think it might be in part due to some fluctuating hormones. I'm really early starting my cycle this month and I've been really late the last couple of months. I'm not sure if I'm ready to try garlic yet, especially since af is arriving!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
aaiya
Registered Users
seller

Cut sugar. Plain yogurt applied topically every time it crosses your mind. Grapefruit seed extract?
Old 01-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #7
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Grapefruit seed extract works great, and epsom salt baths

Sent from my droid
Old 01-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doulamomma
Grapefruit seed extract works great, and epsom salt baths

Sent from my droid
I took a bath with Epsom salts two nights ago and it did nothing. I'll have to pick up some gse next time I'm at the health store (it's 45 minutes away) for next time. I eat very little sugar as a general rule, so that's not really a problem. It seems a little better tonight, hopefully it will go away soon.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Due to a potential WAHM project I am researching and for which I was considering GSE as an ingredient, I took a second look at the efficacy and purity of GSE extracts. Here is what wikipedia has to say as a caveat before you buy some:

Anecdotal claims for an antimicrobial effect are based on a few abstract scientific experiments which show some antimicrobial activity for commercial grapefruit seed extracts and an ethanol grapefruit seed extract but not a natural GSE.[17][18][19] The preliminary studies for the antimicrobial effect state that the Citricidal commercial brand of GSE was used for testing.[17][18] There is considerable scientific evidence that the anti-microbial activity associated with grapefruit seed extract is attributable to the contamination or adulteration of commercial GSE preparations with synthetic antimicrobials or preservatives.[2] According to the 2001 GSE study, branded commercial GSE preparations were contaminated with synthetic benzethonium chloride that was implausible to be made from grapefruit seeds.[5] Some of the marketers claimed that their product does not contain benzethonium chloride and the error was due to the similarity in molecular weight of the quaternary ammonium compound which was formed through a proprietary manufacturing process.[5] It is inconceivable that the preservative benzethonium chloride is formed during any extraction and/or processing of grapefruit seeds and pulp.[5] Researchers conclusively demonstrated the presence of benzethonium chloride in commercial GSE using various analytical methods including HPLC, one- and two-dimensional NMR, PIXE analysis, and electrospray ionization MS.[5] Another in vitro study claimed GSE had antibacterial properties.[19] As with the branded in vitro test[17][18] this extract was contaminated.[5] The ethanolic grapefruit seed and pulp extract tested was prepared or contaminated with ethanol, a chemical solvent used in the extraction process.[19] Ethanol, also known as ethyl alcohol, is effective in inhibiting bacteria.[20]
Independent studies have shown that commercial preparations contain the compound benzalkonium chloride, which is a synthetic antimicrobial commonly used in disinfectants and cleaning products, the related compound benzethonium chloride, the antibiotic triclosan, or the preservative methylparaben.[1][6][21] Some samples were shown to contain up to 22% benzalkonium chloride by weight, despite the known allergenicity[22] and toxicity[23] of the compound at higher doses.[6] These chemicals were not present in grapefruit seed extracts prepared in the laboratory, and GSE preparations without the contaminants were found to possess no detectable antimicrobial effect.[1] Although citrus seed extract is sold in health food markets,[6] there is no good evidence for any natural antimicrobial activity.[1][7]
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
Momo3angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Drink water mixed with baking soda.
Momo3angels is offline   Reply With Quote