Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 08:09 AM   #21
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat February 11-17th

Oh gosh I love Sees. LOVE THEM. You can't get em over here

Jennifer I think I'm going to, it would solve that issue of me worrying about laboring on my own and also I'd be able to give someone I've been seeing a direct call if I end up laboring at home. The drive does suck though! At least I don't have to pay for parking, that would be a pill

Advertisement

Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #22
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QOTW: We don't do anything for V-day. A card or some silly gift but that is it. And since we are in a new city there is no babysitter to leave the kiddo with anyway.

Sorry I have not checked in here in forever - internet is not available at the house we are house sitting at. But next month we will be in our OWN PLACE with internet. I can't wait. HEAVEN! I will have all my stuff back. My own bed. My own pillows.

I was in the ER this Saturday - dehydration from this stupid HG. Also found out that I have a bladder infection and had no symptoms. So now I have antibiotics to start and those will be fun. They always mess up my stomach even when I take probiotics with it.

I had a vivid dream last night. I had TWO girls and was nursing both. I had dreams of nursing a son when I was pregnant with my son, so maybe this is a sign? I actually really feel like this is a girl (which is saying something b/c we really want another boy). We still have a while to find out.

I am 11 weeks now...and my midwife gave me a due date of Sept 4th. BUT you all are stuck with me. I'm not leaving. My son came at 37w4d, so this one may follow suit. I don't think I got to update but I met my midwife a couple weeks ago and I love her. Like, I would marry her. She is amazing. So excited for this homebirth.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #23
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've got an ultrasound in a bit, just to check up on things in there. Trying to get the kids and myself ready for it, but I am feeling totally lazy.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #24
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

I made some heart-shaped cookies yesterday, does that count as celebrating v-day? We haven't done much since we've had kids, I've either been pregnant or had a very young baby for the last three years and this year will be no different. I'd love some champagne and chocolate, though... maybe I'll go pick up some sparkling juice and chocolate and make a nice dinner Thursday. Hmm.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
blessedwifenmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We don't usually do much for Valentine's day. Maybe some chocolate and cards, or go out to eat. It's not a big deal here. And of course Lent starts tomorrow so IDK if we'll end up doing anything at all anyway. I'm making lasagna (DH's favorite) for dinner tonight, for Fat Tuesday. He doesn't know about it so he should be pleasantly surprised when he gets home from work. My favorite part of Valentine's day is the candy sales afterward.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #26
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
Oh gosh I love Sees. LOVE THEM. You can't get em over here

Jennifer I think I'm going to, it would solve that issue of me worrying about laboring on my own and also I'd be able to give someone I've been seeing a direct call if I end up laboring at home. The drive does suck though! At least I don't have to pay for parking, that would be a pill
Oh that is good that you don't have to pay for parking! I was happy that I only spent $17 today. Glad you have come to a decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed1018 View Post
QOTW: We don't do anything for V-day. A card or some silly gift but that is it. And since we are in a new city there is no babysitter to leave the kiddo with anyway.

Sorry I have not checked in here in forever - internet is not available at the house we are house sitting at. But next month we will be in our OWN PLACE with internet. I can't wait. HEAVEN! I will have all my stuff back. My own bed. My own pillows.

I was in the ER this Saturday - dehydration from this stupid HG. Also found out that I have a bladder infection and had no symptoms. So now I have antibiotics to start and those will be fun. They always mess up my stomach even when I take probiotics with it.

I had a vivid dream last night. I had TWO girls and was nursing both. I had dreams of nursing a son when I was pregnant with my son, so maybe this is a sign? I actually really feel like this is a girl (which is saying something b/c we really want another boy). We still have a while to find out.

I am 11 weeks now...and my midwife gave me a due date of Sept 4th. BUT you all are stuck with me. I'm not leaving. My son came at 37w4d, so this one may follow suit. I don't think I got to update but I met my midwife a couple weeks ago and I love her. Like, I would marry her. She is amazing. So excited for this homebirth.
I am sorry you ended up the hospital this last weekend! That stinks! I hope you get your girl, or is that boy? I guess you will be happy either way!

AFM - I wasn't planning on coming on here today but I know DS will not sleep right now as he took a small nap in the car so here I am. I was able to squeeze in a trip to Ikea between my doctor's visits so that is good. I only needed on thing from there for the baby so I figured it was best to get it while I can. Typically we go there when we get people from the airport, but no one is suppose to visit us till delivery so that is good.

My OB scared me today but I guess that is to be expected. She told me that the anesthesiologist don't want to access my port for the c-section. The OB said I should consult with them before the c-section to see if they will change their mind. I guess they want my IV in a big vein. Well what is a bigger vein then the artery in my neck??

My OB also said that she will be consulting a pelvic surgeon and a oncologist for my c-section. This in addition to my perinatologist. So I get the impression that I am going to have a team of people working on me. I could have issues with placenta, contraction of the uterus, too much scar tissue, severe blood loss, and several other problems. Then again I could go through this with little problems. DH is going to freak when I give him the list but honestly we knew all of this going into this pregnancy. That is why I had the radiation oncologist, and hematological oncologist not wanting me to do this. But I wanted to anyway as I don't believe God put me in this position to torture me.

After that OB appointment, I decided to drive to Buy Buy Baby. They have Ju-Ju-Be diaper bags there and I wanted to see if it would work with cloth diapers. I think the BFF will but it felt very plasticly. I am trying to decide if I like that. It feels like I could have it as a bag and pass it on to my grandchildren though so I guess I have some thinking to do.

I go back to the OB in 2 weeks as I want to get my peri and my OB on off weeks (so every 2 weeks I see one of them).
Old 02-12-2013, 01:29 PM   #27
blessed1018
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post

I am sorry you ended up the hospital this last weekend! That stinks! I hope you get your girl, or is that boy? I guess you will be happy either way!

AFM - I wasn't planning on coming on here today but I know DS will not sleep right now as he took a small nap in the car so here I am. I was able to squeeze in a trip to Ikea between my doctor's visits so that is good. I only needed on thing from there for the baby so I figured it was best to get it while I can. Typically we go there when we get people from the airport, but no one is suppose to visit us till delivery so that is good.

My OB scared me today but I guess that is to be expected. She told me that the anesthesiologist don't want to access my port for the c-section. The OB said I should consult with them before the c-section to see if they will change their mind. I guess they want my IV in a big vein. Well what is a bigger vein then the artery in my neck??

My OB also said that she will be consulting a pelvic surgeon and a oncologist for my c-section. This in addition to my perinatologist. So I get the impression that I am going to have a team of people working on me. I could have issues with placenta, contraction of the uterus, too much scar tissue, severe blood loss, and several other problems. Then again I could go through this with little problems. DH is going to freak when I give him the list but honestly we knew all of this going into this pregnancy. That is why I had the radiation oncologist, and hematological oncologist not wanting me to do this. But I wanted to anyway as I don't believe God put me in this position to torture me.

After that OB appointment, I decided to drive to Buy Buy Baby. They have Ju-Ju-Be diaper bags there and I wanted to see if it would work with cloth diapers. I think the BFF will but it felt very plasticly. I am trying to decide if I like that. It feels like I could have it as a bag and pass it on to my grandchildren though so I guess I have some thinking to do.

I go back to the OB in 2 weeks as I want to get my peri and my OB on off weeks (so every 2 weeks I see one of them).
IKEA = We used to live 5 minutes from one. Now we are 8 hours.

I'm sorry the OB scared the mess out of you. I hope once you meet with the whole team things will be more clear. And of course, prayers/vibes that you have no issues to need all that extra care!

Baby bag - I am IN LOVE with my Vera Bradley diaper bag. I don't like her stuff normally but I have a navy/white print (twirly birds?) and the thing stores so much! Best part - it's washable. And second best part - looks like a weekend bag so I can use it after baby. It has gone through two years of daily use already and looks new still.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #28
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I decided last night that I am going to make rice crispy treats for Vday. Or maybe tonight. lol with my first pg, I ate one every day!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #29
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Jennifer, that all sounds really frightening to me =/ I hope it all goes normally.

My ultrasound went well. Baby's heartbeat was 154 bpm and measured 16w, 1d. By dates, I am 15w, 5d, so that is really spot-on. I figured out why I stopped feeling flutters. I have an anterior placenta that baby was fighting with lol. I also saw the baby's bits. It looked like a boy, but I'm not an expert and the place I went doesn't give gender. It may be enough that I will spin my Dragon's Lair fiber in preparation though =D

Last edited by AmberP; 02-12-2013 at 01:44 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #30
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
Jennifer, that all sounds really frightening to me =/ I hope it all goes normally.

My ultrasound went well. Baby's heartbeat was 154 bpm and measured 16w, 1d. By dates, I am 15w, 5d, so that is really spot-on. I figured out why I stopped feeling flutters. I have an anterior placenta that baby was fighting with lol. I also saw the baby's bits. It looked like a boy, but I'm not an expert and the place I went doesn't give gender. It may be enough that I will spin my Dragon's Lair fiber in preparation though =D
oh yeah!

maybe I'll have to get the WF w/ pink from you

Ikea...ours is about 10 minutes away. We are going to head there this weekend and pick up some new couches for the family room.

I volunteer in DS's kindergarten room every Tuesday morning. His teacher gave me a box of chocolates and a note pad for Valentines day. I put them under my coat out on the counter in the coop area. Well some punk kid stole my chocolates! Under my coat! The little brat! Of course I don't know who did it, but I'm thinking it was a 1st grader that was heading back to his room in the coop from the reading room.

Now I want chocolate and don't have any
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote