Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #1
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

twin mamas I have a question???

I am 18 weeks pregnant with my 4th and it has been a very weird pregnancy for me. There is so much movement, all the time. I can feel like a rolling or squirming sensation at the top of my uterus this I feel strong kicking in my cervix and right next to my hip bone. Every symptom has been extreme compared to my other pregnancies. I know each pregnancy can be different but this one is just way different. I have only seen my doctor twice and both times she finds a heart beat the minute she puts the doppler to my tummy and has never moved it to see if she hears anything else. I told the nurse I am feeling a ton of movement all over and it seemed strange to me. She told my it was because I was small. Take it I am on the skinnier side frame wise but I am 5' 7" so not short. My dh has been saying for awhile it is twins so maybe that has me wondering. another thing is I feel huge but all my doctor does is the top of my uterus and says feels right on but never actually measures me. I don't know what do you guys think. I have not had an ultrasound yet and won't for another 3 weeks.

Advertisement

missydawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: twin mamas I have a question???

can you move your next appointment and ultrasound up? At our OB/GYN office, we can also request an ultrasound at any time for a valid reason. We can do the big ultrasound as early as 18 weeks too. I am expecting twins and this is a way different story than my 3 singletons too. If it were me, I'd be calling requesting a quickie office ultrasound to verify twins or not since I feel strongly it is. At 12 weeks, we could clearly see 2 babies in the first 5 seconds of the U/S. I have heard from 3 unrelated people not in close proximity that there are oodles of twins in utero right now, so you may well be on to something.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #3
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

no my dr says she will only do earlier ultrasounds if there seems to be a problem. I choose this doctor because she delivered my third (she was on call) and I loved how hands off she was and allowed me to do what I needed in delivery. I am now realizing her whole practice is like that.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:29 PM   #4
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sounds like it might be twins, an ultrasound might help but my twins were able to hide for a long time! You can measure your fundal height at home, that might give you some peace of mind. I would have your hubby help, it's hard to get it spot on yourself.

With my twins one girl was behind the other one so it appeared to be one baby. Getting a heartbeat right away or in two locations is not the best indicator because the placenta gives off a heart beat. With this pregnancy I had every one check over and over to make sure there was only ONE baby in there and the first couple times we used the doppler we had two heartbeats which freaked my husband out!

Your ultrasound is coming up soon, I would try to relax until then since you will have plenty of time to freak out later if it is twins My one piece of advice is to make sure that at the ultrasound the tech moves the wand all over your belly and gets several angles just to make sure you don't have one hiding!

Oh and one more thing, my symptoms were MORE intense with this baby then my twins...go figure!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #5
bai18176
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I actually had less movement at 18 weeks with this pregnancy (twins) than all of my singles. My mw was measuring, but I was only 1-2 weeks ahead, which, while strange for me is not abnormal. I was floored at my u/s at 21.5 w that there were two. I agree that it's not really early for an u/s at 18 weeks. That's in the normal time range to do the anatomy scan. At least get her to measure if she wont do anything else, ir move the doppler around a bit more. That's frustrating if she's not listening to your concerns.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #6
missydawn
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I am frustrated by it but no clue how to make her listen. This next three weeks are going to take forever. She always finds the heartbeat in the upper part of my uterus but there is never where I feel kicking but I do feel something moving there and once in a while I can get a kick. Maybe I am just over analyzing all of this.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:46 PM   #7
CASMama711
Registered Users
Formerly: chmom77
seller

My twin pregnancy was no worse than my singleton as far as symptoms, although my singleton was a really brutal pregnancy for a singleton. With my singleton, I felt movement starting at 14 weeks. With my twin pregnancy, I felt movement again starting at 14 weeks. At 17 weeks, I started feeling different movement and realized I had only been feeling one baby previously and could now feel both.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:37 PM   #8
musicmom2x
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just thought I would pop in and say it doesn't sound like your doc is listening to your concerns. If it was me I'd be out shopping for a new doc while there is still time. My last pregnancy was BRUTAL and the doctors at my practice were wretched to me. They dismissed every concern and all my pain until by my ninth month I was suicidal. I wont have that again. I don't care how ridiculous anyone thinks I am being. I won't be ignored or belittled like that again. I hope no one ever has to go through feeling what I did and your doctor's treatment of your concerns is raising a lot of red flags with me.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #9
Scribble Doodle and Draw
Registered Users

I don't have anything to compare it to as I was only pg with my twins but I could usually feel them both moving at the same time so it was obvious that there was two. I was also sick the whole time!! Even had to be medicated. But again I have nothing to compare it to, who knows maybe I would have been that sick with just one...
Scribble Doodle and Draw is offline   Reply With Quote