Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy

I makes me and to see how the "China Cheapies" devalue diapers in general, though.

Advertisement

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #12
emrosediapers
Registered Users

Re: how do you compete with china cheapies?

I bought china cheapies when i first started out b/c it was what I was able to afford. The target market for WAHM diapers are not the people who exclusively buy the china cheapies.
emrosediapers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #13
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack View Post
I think the people that buy the cheapie stuff aren't your target market anyway! Don't worry too much!
This. Make sure you have a great product, great service, good selection and good pictures and you will be fine!

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #14
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386
Not diapers but I don't worry. I've had people buy my products then ASK me how to make them "before they took it apart" to make some to sell:/

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Seriously? LOL.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #15
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only View Post
Seriously? LOL.
dead serious. the funny thing is i share my patterns, for personal use
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #16
greencrunchymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
I am not a WAHM but can I just offer you all a How sad that this is even an issue. It really makes me think.
I agree.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:12 PM   #17
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am not a WAHM but I can tell you if I am going to buy diapers, cloth pads, wetbags even fabric I try to buy it from a WAHM. I would rather save up my money and buy quality than waste it on items that are not quality. I think china cheapie buyers and WAHM custom buyers are a completely different market.
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:32 PM   #18
4ShoreRN
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I never sold my products online. Anyway, I bought some Sunbabies when they were all the hype. They lasted 4 months. My Grovias are still going strong after two years. Over the past few months Alva newborns have been all the rage, but I'm noticing a lot of moms are selling them after getting them in the maiol.The age old adage you get what you pay for continues to be true.
4ShoreRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
Ellasundies
Registered Users

I largely agree with the others. The china diapers aren't your market so you don't have much to worry about.

When I first got interested in cloth diapering I was a "typical" mainstream Mom who wanted nothing to do with cleaning poop but I was intrigued by the cost savings. I still wanted to try it out with 6 diapers or so to see if I could put up with the poop and to see if there were many leaking problems. Remember I was only in it to save money. I could purchase 6 cool-a-babies for about $50 or 6 of just about any other brand for about $120. There was no way I was spending $120 on something that I didn't really think was going to work and I was only getting into to save money. I ended up with the cheap Chinese diaper and found that I LOVED them. I bought a few more and then a huge stash of various other brands. Now I'm even doing prefolds and covers (something I thought I would NEVER do). The coolababies don't fit my kids until they are a little older and the fleece isn't quite as luxurious but you know what? They are still going strong after two kids, in fact they've done better then some of the brands that cost 4 times the money.

For me the cheap Chinese diapers that everyone speaks so horribly about were my gateway drug into cloth diapers. Now that I know I don't mind using cloth I will spend big bucks (to me at least) on diapers and will support WAHM's as well as supporting USA made. If it weren't for those cheapie Chinese diapers I wouldn't have ventured into the cloth water at all.

The cheap Chinese diaper and the more expensive WAHM diaper are really two different markets but I don't necessarily think that the cheapie Chinese diaper detracts from the WAHM diaper I think sometimes it leads more business to them.
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:21 PM   #20
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Think of them as the "Gateway drug". I would have given up cloth had it not been for my china cheap pockets. Prefolds were not for me. It's hard to shell out $25+ a diaper when you are not sure you'll stick to it yet. (And everyone in real life is telling you how gross, hard, etc it is to cloth diaper.)

I hope my next will be all Wahm or momma made diapers. I think we'll be out of diapers soon with my DD.

Also, it's hard to know what wahms to trust. I keep hearing horror stories about poor customer service, horrible quality, etc. As a consumer, I'm leery. I REALLY want to support wahms but scared to. I sew ... I'm not going to pay someone to make something that turns out looking worse than if I made it myself. I have bought Wahm products and have been disappointed.

It tends to get frustrating as I want to business with someone who has some level of professionalism & integrity. I don't want to waste my time, their time, or my money. I don't want to know a seller's personal drama. I just want my item to come as described and mailed on time.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote