Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #1
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I need stroller help...

I am looking for a stroller that can become a travel system. I my existing stroller but it has limitations and I don't like the carseat that would go with it (there is only one).

I need something that would accommodate a 4 year old child. My son still naps, and while I don't think that his younger brother will be exactly like him, I do think it is likely that he will nap to age 4 at least. I need it to have a high seat back to accommodate the naps, preferably recline. I would also like it to maneuver better then a Mac truck. Weight limit needs to be at least 50 lbs.

I would like to not spend a fortune, but after going to Buy Buy Baby today, and BRU I realized that the strollers I looked at (Safety First, Graco click connect, and the Britax one) don't work. Safety first had the tray too low so DS couldn't close it, and it also was hard to push with DS in it. Graco Click Connect (3 wheel design), had a seat back that was too short (though he fit into it well till I tilled the seat back, then I realized his head would go over the top!). And the Britax one had too short of a seat and I would never be able to fasten a child in there that was the size of my son.

I know this is a tall order but I am SURE I am not the only one that has a tall torso preschooler that naps and that is TOO heavy to carry.

Size of the stroller isn't a big deal. I have a minivan and my existing stroller is too large for most people, but like I said I it. I just don't want to get another stroller unless it fills the gaps of my existing stroller.

Thank you for the help!

Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
aries416
Registered Users
seller

What about a baby jogger city elite? I have the double version and it fits my tall 4.5 yr old very well
Old 03-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #3
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: I need stroller help...

Cyrus will be 3.5 when the new one gets here in October. We bought the Phil and Teds Navigator. There are several different configurations for two kids and Cyrus fits in it well now. It's pricey, but unfortunately there weren't a lot of strollers that fit our criteria out there (double for two different age kids, in line, smooth ride for long walks/short jogs, fits a bigger toddler)

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
Hungry Caterpillar
Registered Users
seller
seller

We have the Peg Perego P3 and I loved it when he was in the infant seat and it just snapped in. It transitioned very well as a toddler stroller because the seat does recline, but it has a nice harness so he wasn't going anywhere. He is now 31.5 inches and 30 pounds so he is a very large toddler and it's still comfortable. I cannot speak to an older child but my son has a very long torso and has tons of room to grow.

Albeebaby and Amazon occasionally have the infant seats, bases, and strollers in last year's colors for a significantly reduced price. If this is your last child then the one year's loss of expiration won't matter to you.
Hungry Caterpillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #5
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What infant seat do you want?

I love the Baby Joggers best.
My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #6
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvsviola View Post
What infant seat do you want?

I love the Baby Joggers best.
I think I am fairly open. I looked at an Onboard 35 air today at BRU and it was okay, but I wasn't loving it. I also saw a Prezi at Buy Buy Baby and I thought it was nice, but I don't like the hood or foot muff.

I think I would be open to a Prezi, Cybex Aton, Onboard air, or less likely the Chaperone or a Graco 35. I really don't want a seat that EVERYONE has so Graco doesn't appeal that much to me. But if that is the best out there then so be it. It seems every seat has it's draw backs and nothing is perfect. I am not seeing anything that is making me swoon or anything. Though someone recently posted on here or Car-seat.org a seat that I loved that was coming from England. That I might swoon over but I don't know if it would be here in time.

ETA if you want to see some funny photos, I posted on my blog my son in 2 of the strollers I was looking at. www.ourunplannedlife.com

Last edited by 3 ladybugs; 03-12-2013 at 03:26 PM.
3 ladybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #7
juliasmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cybex strollers fit big kids, lay flat for naps and have a big sun shade. I have an Onyx and really like it. My cousins 6 year oldrode comfortably in it It folds umbrella style too. I have seen fabulous reviews for the Cybex Aton infant seat too! It is at the top of my list for next time.
Old 03-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #8
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasmom View Post
Cybex strollers fit big kids, lay flat for naps and have a big sun shade. I have an Onyx and really like it. My cousins 6 year oldrode comfortably in it It folds umbrella style too. I have seen fabulous reviews for the Cybex Aton infant seat too! It is at the top of my list for next time.
Wow! I like that Callisto stroller! Leave it to me to find the most expensive. I just don't see it anywhere in current colors. I would want the carseat and the stroller to match. I know that is silly but that is me.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:15 AM   #9
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I talked to DH about this combination yesterday. I told him that I had heard about strollers like this and thought that they were mythical. Seriously it was about 20 years ago I heard about a stroller that was a lightweight pram like the Callisto. I am stroller snob so I have been looking for one and never saw one. I guess it came out since I had my son.

Well this and the fact that DH loved the video on how to instal the carseat, is making him really consider it. Perhaps this will be our splurge for this pregnancy.

However I am still having a hard time finding a matching set (stroller, carseat, bassinet) that is all the same color and not black. We go down to Florida often on vacation, so I need something that can go down there and not turn into a furnace for my child. Is there a trick to this?

We are going to look at one of these at Buy Buy Baby this weekend, but if it looks good then I will be on the search and find mode!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
luvsviola
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just out of curiosity...why does the stroller and carseat need to match?

You will use the bucket for such a brief time, and no one cares if they match. I'd pick a bucket you like, and a stroller you like, and if they match, awesome, and if not...who cares?????

Mine don't match. Never bothered me. Its an Onboard 35 with a Baby Jogger City Mini with belly bar and no canopy. Favorite combo ever.

My kids are no longer in diapers, but somehow, my computer keeps finding its way back here...
luvsviola is offline   Reply With Quote