Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #1
MSmith88
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I may be a little psychotic...

So, I am looking forward to the season change... not because of the warm sunny days and time outdoors (ok yes this too) but MAINLY because I can box up all these clothes of my DD's and start fresh and simple.

This is a BIG deal coming from me...

But I have become borderline psychotic with this whole minimalism thing

Advertisement

MSmith88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
babykp08
Registered Users
seller

Re: I may be a little psychotic...

I get it! I craved the time we could finally donate the high chair for months! Just switched DD to a booster seat at the table! Good bye high chair, hello open corner of the dining room! If your looking for a place to enable your disorder, you've found it!
Old 02-12-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
mommy2sammy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSmith88
So, I am looking forward to the season change... not because of the warm sunny days and time outdoors (ok yes this too) but MAINLY because I can box up all these clothes of my DD's and start fresh and simple.

This is a BIG deal coming from me...

But I have become borderline psychotic with this whole minimalism thing
I cleaned out dd's summer clothes yesterday! So excited that everything will fit into a drawer, rather than the 6 drawers and closet she is currently occupying. All are hand me downs, so it is thrifty, just not minimal and literally gives me anxiety getting her dressed in the mornings. Come on spring!
Old 02-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, life became infinitely simpler with an indecisive 4/5 year old when all her clothes fit into 1 large dresser drawer.

I've been staring at the Bumbo for weeks wondering if I would miss it if it was gone.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:40 AM   #5
leadmare
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmisterkitty View Post
I've been staring at the Bumbo for weeks wondering if I would miss it if it was gone.
You won't
leadmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM   #6
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadmare View Post
You won't
She is right
Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #7
babykp08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlightblonde

She is right
I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Never even tried a Bumbo, I'm sure you won't miss it.

I am looking forward to nice simple spring/summer wardrobes too. There is something really satisfying to me to have a nice mix and match set of outfits that fit neatly in their tiny little IKEA dressers (they are the size of a nightstand). Right now my kids have 8-9 simple outfits each which exactly enough to get through our once a week laundry routine and I plan on doing the same for summer.

We switched last summer from drawers stuffed with clothes and mixing everyone's laundry together and washing loads of laundry DAILY to everyone having JUST enough for a week of mix and match items. The kids each have their own laundry basket that they put their dirties in through the week and I wash them separately by person ONLY on Friday mornings. Everything gets folded and put away that afternoon and it takes probably 20-30 minutes for the entire family of 7. I tried to go back to washing more frequently than that but I hated it. I <3 our simple wardrobes and laundry system. Seriously it was life changing for me and I'm still giddy about how easy it is to maintain this system even after months of it

Last edited by FernHollow; 02-12-2013 at 02:14 PM.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM   #9
badmisterkitty
Registered Users
seller
seller

Never even tried a Bumbo, I'm sure you won't miss it.

LOL - yeah, we don't use it much either. DS sat in it a few times but he manages to squirm his way out. Kinda scary. I have the recall kit, too.

Fernhollow - I like your cleaning style. I need to look at something like that. I do laundry throughout the week and fold it out of the dryer and it sits all week and gets put away on Sundays. I do misc cleaning throughout on Sat/Sun, but nothing consistent. I remember my mom having whole-family cleaning sessions on Saturdays when I was a kid. I think it's time for that. I read your post about cleaning only on Fridays in another thread and it makes so much sense. I am passing my life just doing chores.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #10
mrspopo
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so looking forward to the weather warming up for decluttering too. We've been here 5 years and the garage has accumulated so much, but very little comes out of there. It's hard to walk through! I'm so waiting for some warm dry days. It's a really old dark place that has a tiny door since the garage door doesn't work. I want to take EVERYTHING out and purge more than half of it! It's some sort of abyss where stuff goes in but doesn't really come back out.
mrspopo is offline   Reply With Quote