Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 09:39 AM   #11
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yep, dh is a sahd. He does a medical study every 2-3 months though. He made. 4800 last year doing 2 studies.

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #12
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you the primary breadwinner?

DH just finished his Bachelor's two years ago. He's in the process of establishing his business to work from home and teaches a class at a community college. In the mean time, I make ~75% of our household income. If DH makes more more, we might be able to afford an second child. Squeeeeeee!
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

We are about even. But up until this year, I was the primary money maker as DH was a full time grad student and stayed home with our daughter. He is now making slightly more then me (I also have my masters) and he has the potential to make way more then me (I am a social worker). I am fine with that though
Old 02-13-2013, 07:24 PM   #14
firstlynn
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes, DH works PT & I work (a little more) than FT, I earn about 90% of our household salary. DH takes care of some household chores & care for the kids quite a bit when I work (I work shifts/weekends at times). Things are working out great & the kids enjoy their 'daddy time'.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #15
cpamamma
Registered Users
seller

Yep. I earn 25k more and have always earn more. We both would like for me to stay home for a bit but right now it's not feasible. Also my job has our insurance.
cpamamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 AM   #16
Barbmh
Registered Users

I would love to stay home at least until our son starts school, but since I make 2/3rds of our income and have the good benefits that is not in the cards. It is okay though because I don't think I'm cut out to stay home. I enjoy my job and the people I work with.
Barbmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 AM   #17
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

right now yes I am as dh is in school with GI bill. it comes in droves. sometimes I make way less, sometimes more. I also get child support tho so thats alot of my money.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:28 PM   #18
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nope, I make about 30k less than DP. But in the next year that number should shrink to more like a 20k difference.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 PM   #19
FairSailing188
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH makes about 60% of our total income but we both work full time professional type jobs out of the home. I assume about 60% of the parenting/household responsibilities and we alternate who is more "on call" depending on what is going on with each other's job. We have been very lucky that when his work life has been crazy I've been able to pull back a bit and vice versa. It's hard though and some days I wish I spent more time during the week with DS. I have to remind myself quality, not quantity.

Under normal circumstances I'd say I told you so. But, as I have told so with such vehemence and frequency already the phrase has lost all meaning. Therefore, I will be replacing it with the phrase, I have informed you thusly.
FairSailing188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #20
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am the only breadwinner. DH is the stay-at-home parent.