Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
gghmommy
Registered Users

how do you clean your oven/drip pans?

I've tried scrubbing with vinegar and baking soda, doesn't do what I'd really like to see. I heard of a product that has tea tree oil in it for cleaning baked on oil off pans and wondered if there's a homemade version that would be safe to use in the oven? I like to roast chicken somewhat regularly and it makes a total mess of the oven and I do not like products like easy off and the like because of the fumes. Any suggestions? besides elbow grease!!!?

Advertisement

gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: how do you clean your oven/drip pans?

Automatic dishwasher detergent with a small amount of water and let it soak is what I do
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #3
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am interested too. I have tried vinegar, baking soda and the dish soap. Several rounds gets it almost clean, but it takes a couple of days and i can't have my oven out of commission that long. I always end up reverting back to no fume easy off. The oven is waiting to be cleaned right now, but I have been putting it off because if I use the easy off I still have to burn off the fumes (wish it really was no fume). I am going to the natural food store today though I'll look to see if they have anything. But I'd prefer a homemade something.

I haven't tried it yet but your suppose to be able to microwave lemon juice and water to clean the microwave- 4 tbsp lemon juice to 1 cup water, boil for 5 mins (until water condensates on the sides) and wipe. Wonder if that would work in the oven. You'd have to start with boiling water or it would all evaporate. Never mind I don't think it would work- the oven walls would dry it to quickly.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Bar keepers friend is an amazing pan, oven, and glass cook top cleaner. It comes in a powder form where you add a tad bit of water, or in a liquid paste
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #5
Queensasha17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

found this on pinterest, I havn't tried it yet though. I am also a little aprehensive to use a strong cleaning agent like ammonia but it looks like it does an amazing job..

http://www.thevspotblog.com/2011/07/...ates-best.html

Married to my USAF hubby, the love of my life.

iso: os swaddlebees simplex, 40F/DDD nursing bras
Queensasha17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #6
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

SOS pads. No idea what sort of nasty chemicals are in them, but they work.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #7
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear1208 View Post
Bar keepers friend is an amazing pan, oven, and glass cook top cleaner. It comes in a powder form where you add a tad bit of water, or in a liquid paste
I use bar keepers friend for several things, never thought to use it in the oven. It doesn't scratch the glass on the oven or the stove top?
Old 02-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #8
poohbear1208
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4

I use bar keepers friend for several things, never thought to use it in the oven. It doesn't scratch the glass on the oven or the stove top?
Not at all! I use it on my glass cooktop all the time, no scratches whatsoever my mom was the one that told me about it, she uses it on her glass cooktop. works wonders it has also gotten caked on grease and burnt spots off my stainless pans and muffin tins that oven cleaner wouldn't get rid of, without leaving a scratch
poohbear1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:00 PM   #9
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear1208 View Post
Not at all! I use it on my glass cooktop all the time, no scratches whatsoever my mom was the one that told me about it, she uses it on her glass cooktop. works wonders it has also gotten caked on grease and burnt spots off my stainless pans and muffin tins that oven cleaner wouldn't get rid of, without leaving a scratch
I use it on my stainless steel and in my bathroom for rust. I'll give it a try for my oven and stove.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
tjs77tsa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug_4 View Post
It is pretty much the same as the expensive cooktop cleaner they sell at the appliance stores I started using it when I ran out of the sample bottle that came with my stove.
tjs77tsa is offline   Reply With Quote