Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #21
RebekahG77
Registered Users
seller

Hi girls . Pancakes day, huh?? Sounds like we'll be having some for lunch!

Advertisement

RebekahG77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:32 AM   #22
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Happy B2B Pancake Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Hi girls . Pancakes day, huh?? Sounds like we'll be having some for lunch!
Hi Bekah...yes, Pancake day is traditional the day before Ash Wednesday and pancakes are eaten to use up the things people wouldn't usually eat during Lent. Not that we follow the tradition of Lent....we just like the pancakes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #23
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine no one really planned it.
1. We had to have charter school meeting before our big state visit next week. (4:00-6:30)
2. I had to have my National Boards meetings with candidates this week (4-5 today 5:30-6:30 tomorrow night)
3. Building leadership team has to meet to discuss a grant (3:30-4:30--meeting I am not attending)
4. Architect wants to meet once a month with the school team to discuss building project (2-3:30) meeting

Since only two of the meetings come from the same source and the are planned one after the other, it is not really anything but a problem with me being to busy
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:41 AM   #24
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hola mamacitas. I spent the morning trying to grout my backsplash. This thick, tiny glass tile is difficult to do properly, and I upped the ante by doing the wall behind the range. It took me two hours just to do that wall and I am still going to have to do over some spots. I don't think the rest of the walls will take me that long since now I know what I'm doing and I don't have to do the limbo to do it, but that will have to wait for another day. I can't believe how much better it looks with the grout. Can't wait to have it done.

Love the pancake setup Janine. I used to use a dutch oven as my pancake warmer, until I discovered the styrofoam tortilla one. It does make a huge difference when you want to serve a bunch of people at the same time. Otherwise you are cooking while everyone else is eating.

Your day makes me dizzy, Jen.

I just ate a giant piece of pumpkin pie for lunch and am debating going across town in search of king cake. Or taking a hot bath. I don't think I have time for both. Hmmm....
Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #25
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Hola mamacitas. I spent the morning trying to grout my backsplash. This thick, tiny glass tile is difficult to do properly, and I upped the ante by doing the wall behind the range. It took me two hours just to do that wall and I am still going to have to do over some spots. I don't think the rest of the walls will take me that long since now I know what I'm doing and I don't have to do the limbo to do it, but that will have to wait for another day. I can't believe how much better it looks with the grout. Can't wait to have it done.

Love the pancake setup Janine. I used to use a dutch oven as my pancake warmer, until I discovered the styrofoam tortilla one. It does make a huge difference when you want to serve a bunch of people at the same time. Otherwise you are cooking while everyone else is eating.

Your day makes me dizzy, Jen.

I just ate a giant piece of pumpkin pie for lunch and am debating going across town in search of king cake. Or taking a hot bath. I don't think I have time for both. Hmmm....
I could have used mine...but I dont think it would have kept them warm as long at the table as the terracotta one did. I'd like to get another terracotta one because it was a bit of a tight squeeze to get them all in. If I made pancakes another day and one of the kids had a friend over it would be impossible.

I made 6 pancakes, transferred them to the little heart plate, put more pancakes on to cook, put the ones on the plate into the warmer, turned the pancakes over and then it was time to start again. It worked out really well. I want a second batter dispenser now though...I'd like to make different kinds of pancakes.

Well done on the grouting...it's not a job I could do. My arms get too sore and tired just brushing the girls' hair in the morning.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:55 AM   #26
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, the geriatric Krogers closest to me has tons of king cakes today, so they said on the phone. So methinks I will take a quick soak and then go procure one. I don't want to be stinky and covered in grout around people who probably cannot see or smell me well enough to tell.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #27
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Covering the office for my lunch break. Oh joy. Can't wait until all the secretaries are in the same place in the new school...only 2 years : giggle:
Old 02-12-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And I have a King Cake. Apparently, when she said Kroger had lots of these, she meant she was making them right then. So I got one fresh out of the bakery, LOL. And I heard them talking as I walked up: "I don't get what the big deal is with these. They are just a big donut." Yeah, so is a pakszi.
Old 02-12-2013, 01:46 PM   #29
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Enjoy the King Cake.

OK, getting things organized for tomorrow and the library ready for the architect meeting.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #30
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Rough night over here.

Heiner went to music and it upset Fynn. He refused to calm down. Finally I persuaded him to have a pudding and go to bed. He had his story and the complained he had a headache so I gave him some painkiller for that.

Then he woke up at 10pm screaming he was hungry so I got him up and gave him a pancake and a glass of juice and put him back to bed.

Shannon got up claiming she needed the loo....but really she'd heard Fynn and wanted to get up too....she's rubbed her head on her pillow so much again that her hair is going to kill me to brush through tomorrow.

Shannon went to bed, Heiner came home and then Fynn got cross again and didn't want to go to bed again. Heiner had to hold his hand in bad to get him to calm down.

I'm sure I just heard him calling out to me again.

and I have a wicked migraine