Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 07:21 AM   #31
March
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisathib123

Anne Lastrapes (337)278-4354. I called last year and got prices from her, but DH said no to HB. So I have natural births at the hospital. Any woo....she does check ups at her home. She is in Lafayette
I know Anne. One of my friends is seeing her right now and one of my very good friends was her apprentice for years. I'm in LC so I go to the birth center in Orange, Texas, just across the border. Becca and Sarah, the midwives there, are good friends of mine, and I used to work there. I'm having twins, anyway, and Louisiana law does not allow midwives to handle multiple gestation cases whereas in Texas, twins are within the scope of a midwife's practice.

Advertisement

March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #32
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: What does your midwife charge?

$4500 in FL for independent HB MW. $4800 for birth center.

have to pay upfront then get ins to reimburse.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:27 AM   #33
erin_c_odonnell
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nc and she charges 3200 for 1st time birthes, 2700 for 2nd+. But she also is AWESOME and helped us because we were dirt poor and only charged like 1500 for each of our 2 births. her. Birth center just south of us in sc was only like 2500 cash option (we don't have ins).
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 AM   #34
lisathib123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by March

I know Anne. One of my friends is seeing her right now and one of my very good friends was her apprentice for years. I'm in LC so I go to the birth center in Orange, Texas, just across the border. Becca and Sarah, the midwives there, are good friends of mine, and I used to work there. I'm having twins, anyway, and Louisiana law does not allow midwives to handle multiple gestation cases whereas in Texas, twins are within the scope of a midwife's practice.
TWINS! You are in my prayers :-) I would love a HB but my DH has not one ounce of nursing or child caring abilities. It would be a disaster! My other 7 children would be on there own because he can't handle them for a hour :-( He's one of those that bring the lap top and headphones and watch movies the whole delivery. Thank God for my BF and MIL! He'll just tell them to bring them the epidural!!!
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #35
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

$2500 for the midwife, $500 for the doula/assistant, we pay for labs and ultrasounds separate.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM   #36
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My mw charges $4000 but bills the insurance more. I am waiting to see what percentage my insurance will reimburse me for. Ultrasounds and bloodwork are not included.

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #37
aylasmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by March

My friend had twins...they pretended not to notice and be 'surprised' at the birth just so she could have a home birth.

Foggy Knits WAHM Page Foggy Knits Facebook
aylasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:14 PM   #38
cheezpoofs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's $4,500 to $6,500, depending on if you pay up front by thirty-six weeks or not for self-pay. She is willing to work with people who can't afford this price, but no one can afford to work for free.
Veann - Libertarian, atheist, bookworm, heavy metal Mommy to all boys: Lucius (2-13-09), Orion (4-22-11), and Castiel (3-4-13), wife to Matthew - Anti-circumcision, babywearing, somewhat AP, natural birthing/ homebirthing, don't care about being "green", doing things my own way...
cheezpoofs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #39
mamaratliff
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

$3,900 in california. Covered all prenatal, birth and 24 hr, 72 hr, 2 week, and 6 week check ups. As well as well baby check ups at those post partum visits. So basically no need to leave the house for 2 weeks Those fees also included a birth tub. They did not include any testing, but my mw has connections to a lab that offers cash paying customers a wonderful discount.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #40
Cortney
Registered Users
seller

In NC it's around $2500.