Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #31
kelly.baker725
Registered Users
seller

Re: COCONUT OIL, and what I discovered about rashes and yeast

I split open vitamin E pills

Advertisement

kelly.baker725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:58 AM   #32
lalalion
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymakes3.4.5.... View Post
If you whip the coconut oil for a couple minutes with either handheld or stand mixer it gets beautifully fluffy and will stay super soft if you keep it in a sealed container between uses
That's a great idea! Thanks!
lalalion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 08:09 AM   #33
WildWestMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We had the exact same issue! He had chunks of skin peeling off from the yeast infection and it ended up turning into a bacteria infection which meant another round of different cream. The infection also spread all over his body and he looked like he had the measles! We stared using coconut oil recently after some research also and you are right...it Rocks! We also use it on his cheeks so they don't get chapped and dried out from saliva. He smells heavenly!
WildWestMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:45 AM   #34
mws456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
If you whip the coconut oil for a couple minutes with either handheld or stand mixer it gets beautifully fluffy and will stay super soft if you keep it in a sealed container between uses
Wow, I've been using coconut oil for two years and have never thought to try this. Will have to try it today. I have baby #5 due any day now and having soft coconut oil would certainly be much nicer than solid!
mws456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #35
mws456
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisa03 View Post
I don't get it! I always hear all these amazing testimonials, but it never helps with our rashes, at all - neither does CJ's (both of which I still love, by the way, but not for rash prevention/healing) - we ended up using desitin (ugh) and the grovia disposable inserts til it went away, because it was fully open wounds and it just broke my heart... we were changing her constantly - mostly letting her run naked, but it just wasn't having it. Sometimes those rashes can be so persistent! I'm terrified of getting a yeast rash... will definitely break the coconut oil out again just to try if we do. For now, it keeps her busy with something to hold while I change her diaper
My Lo had the same open sores coconut oil truly is the best thing. If you read about the side effects of desitin and sposies they are the absolute worst thing you could do. However, when we switched from PUL covers to wool at night and nap time the sores immediately (like the very next morning) started getting better. The key with wool at night is to get a pull on cover with a high rise and lower leg cuffs, heavy lanolizing, and plenty of cloth to absorb. Sadly I just figured this combo out about a year too late.
mws456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:24 PM   #36
nishaa
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have been using it for a very long time... for my hair and since my LO is here i m using it on him .. its been 4 months now... nd we r going smooth its keeps his skin soft soft ..i m loving it ..I use the Nutiva brand ...bought it from Amazon its grt
nishaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:27 AM   #37
disneylindsay
Registered Users
seller

LOVE coconut oil!! IT has so many amazing properties!! We use it for so many things too!! In fact I whipped a much of shea butter and coconut oil together and but in a container and I use that for my face cream. The coconut oil is the only thing that works on my daughters worst rashes, and my other daughter is prone to eczema, so we use it and it takes it away almost immediately!

Coconut oil is Awesome!!
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #38
Dani_Phen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just stumbled upon this thread by chance and I'm glad I did. Thanks for all the info ladies!! I'm going to try coconut oil on DS's bottom in hopes of keeping rashes at bay. He gets them so quickly and easily and I hate using desitin. I have to scrub it off of our prefolds. Also, I've been looking for a good wipe solution and have tried a few that wasn't for us...might try the one posted as well!!
Old 02-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #39
momma_dna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Loving our coconut oil! DS' skin is soo smooth and rashes are staying gone. He doesn't fight me at all now when I put it on him like he did every other cream.
momma_dna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:50 AM   #40
itiswhatitis1984
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
This was going to be my recommendation too
itiswhatitis1984 is offline   Reply With Quote