Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 04:01 PM   #31
thtr4me
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats the oldest youve nursed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2 View Post
My oldest weaned at 6.5 years old, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. He truly self-weaned, and he didn't nurse one day longer (or less) than he needed to. DS2 nursed for 4 years and a few months, and that's just what he needed. DS3 is 17 months, and we'll see how long he nurses.

Elizabeth, I think I have you "beat!"
I am right there with you, although if my oldest had his way, he would still be nursing. He turns 7 in a month. But it had been on and off (more off than on) since he turned 4yo and I got pregnant with DS2. He would sometimes go a month or two without nursing, then ask to several days in a row. I think he has nursed once since getting his first permanent teeth last fall, but I am not quite sure how long it has been.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #32
eliz7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2
My oldest weaned at 6.5 years old, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. He truly self-weaned, and he didn't nurse one day longer (or less) than he needed to. DS2 nursed for 4 years and a few months, and that's just what he needed. DS3 is 17 months, and we'll see how long he nurses.

You do! It's nice to see someone else nurse as long or longer than I did! It's funny because she's 9.5 and it seems so long ago now.
Happy to be again after a bit of a break
eliz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:27 PM   #33
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is a great thread Thanks for sharing ladies. Our oldest nurser was just over 3yo and we had a chat because I was nursing her brother and pregnant.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #34
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

32mos
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:29 PM   #35
Jedimomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wow, I'm so inspired by all you long term nursing mommas! My oldest 2 weaned at 10 mo (I went back to work) and 6 mo (health issues prevented her from proper latch) so I am super stoked that my youngest is 15mo and still going strong!

I love TRADES!
Jedimomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:26 PM   #36
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith+2

I think we have our "winner"! Hehe I love this thread, good job mamas!
I weaned my first at 7 months onto formula b/c I had to go on meds for my anxiety.(And still have guilt over that, he is an intense child and i think nursing would have been good for him.) :/Child #2 is 15 months and still going strong!
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 12:43 AM   #37
L&MsMamma
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is so encouraging I am currently tandem nursing DD 35 months and DS 12 months. They are pretty attached to the "nummies" honestly I don't see DD weaning until she is 6 unless we have another baby and I need her to wean. It is encouraging that I am not alone and have several years to go to catch up to some of you!
L&MsMamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #38
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Currently nursing my only child. He's 3.5yo
Old 02-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #39
schanck11
Registered Users

I nursed ODD for 22 months, only stopped because I gave birth to YDD and tandem nursing wasn't working for us.
schanck11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:51 PM   #40
jessicanashville
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I nursed DS2 for 24 months. Before I ever had kids I made a pact with myself to nurse til 2 or self-weaning for the health benefits.

DS1 self weaned at 14 months and it crushed me
DS2 would still be nursing if I hadn't have cut him off, he still nursed 5 times a day (at least) at 24 months.

My ex-husband and his attorney actually tried to use it against me in court like I was warping him. He just wanted to try to devastate the bond between us....the court saw straight through that though.

Coincidentally he potty learned and stopped nursing the same day...it was really weird..like he grew up a lot at once. I will nurse this baby til he self weans since he is my last
jessicanashville is offline   Reply With Quote