Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 05:48 PM   #1
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Thinking of ditching all my wool.

Am I crazy?

I've been an exclusive wool user so far. I had a couple of Thirsties wraps when Ladybug was a newbie but she had a PUL sensitivity and we quickly switched to wool. I never looked back, until now.

I bought some MamaBear trainers for Itsy (we EC) and took advantage of the Econobum seconds while I was at it to get her a few of those. I figured they'd be good for the diaper bag when the newb comes along. Well, I find myself reaching only for the PUL either the econobums or the trainers. Haven't used wool in weeks!

I'm thinking of just switching to the Econobums when the newbie comes.

But, then I think of all the money I've spent building up my beautiful wool stash and I know I won't be able to get back all I've put in

WWYD?

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Thinking of ditching all my wool.

I would suggest waiting a month or even 2. Then reevaluate. You may find you miss the wool. In which case you can just pull it all back out.

If however you find you still have no interest in your wool the consider reselling.

But I just thought what it your newbie develops an issue with PUL. Maybe wait until you are sure this won't be an issue. Then if you still don't want to use your wool you can them sell it.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:12 PM   #3
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Maybe you're just excited about the new stuff & when thenewness wears off you'll want to do 1/2 and 1/2 or use your wool some. We almost only do wool. DS has 2 night time soakers & he is in longies every day. We don't have non-wool pants except PJs, but we have PUL covers for if I get behind on washing my wool
NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

We were exclusively wool for years then after my 6th was born I wanted easy. Something I could wash and dry in the machine. I sold it all off (we had mostly sbish with some interlock and handknit pieces mixed in)and dont regret it for a second!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Old 02-14-2013, 06:18 PM   #5
Hi-Dog
Registered Users
seller
seller

I only do wool some of the time (we have 3 pairs of shorties, one soaker and a pair of longies). However we have started using more pockets and AIOs lately . . . I may sell all but my soaker and then buy another soaker just to have a couple, but I just can't keep up with having "outfits" based around her wool stash. Plus, I am getting too lazy to lanolize.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is where I was when I was pregnant this Summer. I couldn't stand the sight of our wool and I put it all away. DH told me not to sell it and just put it away for a while. I did but I had not intention of using anything other than BGE and flats in covers. Well lo and behold my youngest has senstivity issues as well but even worse. So we are 90% wool but I got the easiest things I could. I wash everything at once in the washer. So my opinion is don't sell anything just get it out of your sight and use the trainers and PUL for now. If it's still not calling to you after the next comes then consider selling.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #7
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by qsefthuko View Post
I would suggest waiting a month or even 2. Then reevaluate. You may find you miss the wool. In which case you can just pull it all back out.

If however you find you still have no interest in your wool the consider reselling.

But I just thought what it your newbie develops an issue with PUL. Maybe wait until you are sure this won't be an issue. Then if you still don't want to use your wool you can them sell it.
this. get a few more econobum and just keep both for a bit.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote