Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Flip Flat *Pic heavy* in Grovia, Flip & Econobum

Sadly no action shots yet but here are a lot of folding pics as well as pics inside various covers. HTH and please let me know if you want me to try other folds, rise settings, etc.

First this is the Flip flat laid single layer in prep for folding. I like the rectangle shape and the serged edges. I am new to flats and only pad folded but so far this is my preference

Folded in half, lengthwise

Serged edges folded together (4 layers so far)

Then folded in half again making it narrow for the Grovia cover's narrow crotch width (making it 8 layers)

8 layers of absorbency!

(side bar comment: I realize this makes it a little long but this is the fold that I used today on my toddler who is on the middle snap rise of a grovia cover. I prefer the insert to be slightly more narrow than the cover's crotch in Grovia only. This is because there is no PUL touching and I can get 8 layers of absorbency! Also I just tuck in the ends inside the cover after I get it all snapped. I prefer this in the grovia cover especially in the back just to make sure the back snap that is on the inside is covered

Here it is folded a little wider making it 6 layers and a little extra

6 layer fold in a Grovia cover on the smallest rise setting

And on the largest rise setting

6 layer (and a little extra) fold in the Econobum on the smallest rise setting

exact 6 layer fold into an Econobum cover (little wider to account for a wider crotch)

6 layer modified folded (see pic below) inside a Flip cover on the smallest rise setting

Here is the fold I used inside a flip cover above. I don't like it folded over like this but I know some prefer to customize absorbency

6 layer folded (not modified) in a Flip cover on the largest setting (nice and wide to cover most of the PUL on the cover. I want to experiment with a fanned out fold like some mamas do too)

Here is another random fold idea to have no serged edges touching baby's skin (would need to be folded in from here but you get the idea)

And just to see how SERIOUSLY TRIM these are, here is a Flip cover with a size 4 disposable diaper on top

And side by side

And a Grovia cover with the same disposable diaper on top (I don't feel like I captured this very well. The Grovia is the tiniest amount thicker than the Flip - I would have posted those side by side but only had one Flip flat clean. But when the Grovia is on the bum, it really is the same as a disposable. Most of DS's pants are a size 3T now to accommodate for fluffy diapers but with this combo, his pants were almost falling down. Mind you, he has no butt

side by side with a grovia

NOW ... I suppose you are asking yourself ... how is the absorbency?!?!

I can't speak to it since DS is on a diaper wearing and photo taking strike (the little TURD, of course it is when I get a new, fun thing - I mean HE gets a new diaper

BUT I have used the flat twice since it was prepped. Last night inside a Sandy's cotton with a MEAF cover. The flat was soaked as was the Sandy's but the MEAF held in all in. (more a testimony for those ugly but amazingly functional MEAF covers I believe) Typically he wears a fleece pocket fitted stuffed with a Thirsties prefold and Thirsties hemp doubler. That considered, the flat was many less layers than our normal night diaper and WAY trimmer! ... Our other wear was earlier today. I finally got him to hold still and put an 8 layer folded Flip flat into a Grovia cover at 9:30am. He drank probably 2 8oz cups of water in that time and the combo finally leaked at 12:15pm. I purposefully didn't change him just to see how long it would last!!! Honestly, at that point, I know my flip organic prefold or almost another other combo would have leaked as well. (maybe not that ugly old MEAF but it isn't nearly as trim :LOL:

I hope I am enabling you all to buy these flats!!!!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions. (and thanks for indulging me and my crazy cloth diaper self! I find it stress relief

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #2
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

You rock! Thanks for doing this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Old 02-13-2013, 03:41 PM   #3
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Flip Flat *Pic heavy* in Grovia, Flip & Econobum

Thanks for your review! I'm glad that you love them too. I can't wait to hear your review once you have a newbie to diaper.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
champatlife
Registered Users
seller

How many washes did you use for prepping?
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #5
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by champatlife
How many washes did you use for prepping?
3 wash & dries
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #6
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FernHollow
Thanks for your review! I'm glad that you love them too. I can't wait to hear your review once you have a newbie to diaper.
Newbie review due in July
Old 02-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #7
ServingHim
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyNurseMommy View Post

Newbie review due in July
My baby will be 1 in July.... sniff sniff

I'm looking forward to your review though!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum
Old 02-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #8
Skybaby712
Registered Users
seller

Why do I open these threads?!?!?! Agh! I love love love my flats, but all I have are birdseye, for now...... I am really considering buying these OP!! I *thought* I was stash content. Off to check out Cotton Babies...
Old 02-13-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
Lanolin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybaby712 View Post
Why do I open these threads?!?!?! Agh! I love love love my flats, but all I have are birdseye, for now...... I am really considering buying these OP!! I *thought* I was stash content. Off to check out Cotton Babies...
Lanolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:35 PM   #10
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

oh want want
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote