Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-09-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
TooBusyBearcubs
Registered Users
Formerly: K**ten
seller

My Mood:
Vitamin D deficiency

Hey there
Bloodwork recently showed that I am Vit D deficient. My PCP put me on a weekly Rx to up my intake, but then instructed me to follow that up with a regular over-the-counter supplement. There are WAY too many options, and I'm having a hard time narrowing it down. My prenatal (currently we are TTC) has 400 IU, but I was already on it when I had the bloodwork done, so I definitely need to add to that.
Can anyone recommend a brand or Vit D product that you liked?
TIA!

Advertisement

TooBusyBearcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Jackalopekat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vitamin D deficiency

Mine was ridiculously low last year during my 1st trimester and my doc recommended 2000IU (D3) during pregnancy. After DD was born, she upped it to 4000IU and my numbers are finally back to the good range. I'm still taking 4000 a day - personally I do the fish oil gel caps from Sam's because they are a great deal and they give some Omega 3s. I remember I felt sooo much better almost immediately after starting them. Hope you do too!
Jackalopekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Vitamin D deficiency

Do you know what your number was? I had very low numbers (it was 11) and I had to take 50,000iu a week plus 4000iu daily. Make sure you pick up Vit D3, and not a vit D2. Also, take calcium with your vit d as it helps with absorbancy. Make sure to get your levels redone if on a prescription after 9 weeks (if you are on an 8 week rx). Mine went from an 11, to a 56!