Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
Computermama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,800
My Mood:
Should I send her? *could be gross*

Over the end of last week, we went to a family reunion of sorts, and my charming brother in law brought his girls, both were the last of the family to suffer a nasty gastro bug. DD1 goes to kindy every other day, she was there yesterday. Today everyone in the family but her came down with it, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, body aches, lassitude, the works. She seems to remain immune, but much as I tried, she couldn't remember to stay clear of her baby sister hugging up on her and cuddling with her and me. Assuming she is still symptom free tomorrow morning, should I send her to kindy or not? On one hand she's likely a carrier and will eventually develop symptoms, but then she might not, and she loves school. I don't want to expose the other kids to it, but then I might have done that already. WWYD?

Advertisement

Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM   #2
Tris's Avatar
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,535
My Mood:
Re: Should I send her? *could be gross*

I'd send her. She would've exposed people yesterday if she was carrying it.
__________________
J- sahm to Z~12.07, A~4.09 and J~ 8.13
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
keen1981's Avatar
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 12,360
Nope. She may or may not have exposed others and that kind of big can incubate for 5 days. We had an entire third grade level taken out in our school from a serious stomach bug. Kids were incredibly ill. Horrible time of year
__________________
BFing, CDing, all natural mama to three boys! Certified lactation Counselor
keen1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 AM   #4
Nicolenutt's Avatar
Nicolenutt
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ontario
Posts: 1,872
My Mood:
I'd keep her home. She didn't go yesterday right? (every other day) My nephews entire class had it earlier in the year, it was awful. If you can limit exposing others I would. Make it a fun day at home for her so she's not super bummed about missing school.
__________________
Nicole, wife to my amazing DH. Proud to be mamma to DS A 11/07, DD P 10/09 and DS H 06/12.
Nicolenutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:21 AM   #5
cmarsh31's Avatar
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,364
My Mood:
Re: Should I send her? *could be gross*

Everyone stays home. Not worth risking infecting school.
__________________
Carly, momma to Matthew (5/2/05) and Jillian Grace (4/30/08) My Knitting Gallery Open for Customs
cmarsh31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 AM   #6
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,469
My Mood:
Re: Should I send her? *could be gross*

I don't keep healthy kids home. I'd send her if she's well and not showing any symptoms.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:08 AM   #7
sojomisa's Avatar
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 5,465
Re: Should I send her? *could be gross*

I'd probably keep her home.
__________________
Kim, a doing what works for us mama to S (06/01), J (03/03), M (12/07) and S (01/11)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 AM   #8
escapethevillage's Avatar
escapethevillage
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Arizona
Posts: 8,351
My Mood:
Re: Should I send her? *could be gross*

I'd keep her home too.... one day isn't going to make a big difference in her year, and why possibly spread it to everyone?
__________________
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 07:59 AM   #9
mom2jirms's Avatar
mom2jirms
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a grove with a fox by the river
Posts: 5,141
My Mood:
Re: Should I send her? *could be gross*

I'd keep her home too
__________________
Hi :wave2: I'm Rosie wife to Mark and mother of 5 humonoids..Janessa('93) Isaiah('97) Reanna('99) Mylee('06) and Shawn('08)
mom2jirms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:03 AM   #10
Computermama
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,800
My Mood:
Re: Should I send her? *could be gross*

I ended up sending her. She seemed perfectly fine today and was so pumped about going to school that I couldn't keep her home. She's usually the first to get a bug if she's going to get one. I was kinda hoping that the snowstorm would make my decision for me, but we mostly got missed. Baby and I are fine, hubby is suffering from man flu.
Computermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.