Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
skippycd
Registered Users

diapers came with bad elastic and holes

hi! i hope i can get some advice. a couple of weeks ago, i bought 3 fitteds diapers. The seller had said in the listing that one of the diapers had bad elastic on one leg and i could see it in the pictures.

When i got them ALL of them had crunchy elastic and 2 of them had holes. just by stretching the elastics a few times they've gotten looser.

I knew that i would have to get one leg elastic fixed but not all of them! my friends mom fixes elastic for $2 per leg and $1 for the back. i looked at convert my diapers site and she charges $4.75 per diaper but i would have to pay shipping both ways i think.

i've told the seller about all of the crunchy elastics. I got the diapers cheap but if i knew the elastics were all bad i wouldn't have bought them.

What should i ask of the seller? thanks

Advertisement

skippycd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: diapers came with bad elastic and holes

Contact a moderator if you can not work something out with the seller.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Contact a moderator if you can not work something out with the seller.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 AM   #4
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

how does your friend's mom fix the elastic? As a repair person that always makes me twitch. I've had to fix too many mistakes from "grandma who meant well"

Def contact a mod.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #5
dmbrown5
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl
how does your friend's mom fix the elastic? As a repair person that always makes me twitch. I've had to fix too many mistakes from "grandma who meant well"

Def contact a mod.
Is there someone who does fix elastic on fitteds?
dmbrown5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

There are a few of us WAHMs who fix them. I've fixed well over a thousand diapers, and I'm one of the WAHMs goodmama tells people to contact when they need their GMs fixed. I will toot my own horn and say I know what I'm talking about

I am, however, on maternity leave right now so I'm actually not trying to sell myself.

Elastic needs to be fixed by hand. Too many people rip all the seams out and do a lot of damage to the diapers, or they use a sewing machine to close up the diapers making it nearly impossible to get them fixed a second time and cutting the diaper's life by a lot.

I have a tutorial online. All diapers (in my opinion) need to be fixed this way although I know that realistically it won't happen.

I'm not kidding, though- I get too many diapers where people started butchering them and I can do what I can, but the diapers have a higher chance of falling apart.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:40 PM   #7
Hillargh
Banned

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl View Post

Def contact a mod.
I would hope if she charges that she knows what she's doing lol.

OP - What do you want from this transaction? A partial refund? Total and send back? Whatever you feel would make the situation right, ask for that. If she's not willing to work reasonably with you, contact a mod.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum
Hillargh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would ask about it anyway- too many people assume and end up hating the results. That's just my two cents
Old 02-15-2013, 03:48 AM   #9
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowitchgrl
There are a few of us WAHMs who fix them. I've fixed well over a thousand diapers, and I'm one of the WAHMs goodmama tells people to contact when they need their GMs fixed. I will toot my own horn and say I know what I'm talking about

I am, however, on maternity leave right now so I'm actually not trying to sell myself.

Elastic needs to be fixed by hand. Too many people rip all the seams out and do a lot of damage to the diapers, or they use a sewing machine to close up the diapers making it nearly impossible to get them fixed a second time and cutting the diaper's life by a lot.

I have a tutorial online. All diapers (in my opinion) need to be fixed this way although I know that realistically it won't happen.

I'm not kidding, though- I get too many diapers where people started butchering them and I can do what I can, but the diapers have a higher chance of falling apart.
Well, glad to know I do repairs correctly! Lol. (just on my own diapers, I don't "do repairs")

Do you have a tutorial on how to do elastic repairs when there's no casing? I have always been stumped on that.
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #10
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In that case, if all you have to do is turn it inside out, you can use the machine because you'd be sewing on a part that doesn't keep the diaper water proof. They aren't my favorite either, but basically tact both ends with the machine (back and forth 3 times, but not too many) and then do a long straight stitch along the elastic (as big a stitch as your machine will go). It will hold it in place and also make it easy to seam rip it out if/when they need to be fixed again.

If you only do it by hand, sew both ends, then but 2 or 3 stitches in the middle just to keep it from wiggling around too much.

Next time I get that kind of diaper, I will make a tutorial