Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #91
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

Re: B1G1 Diaper Safari pockets and covers today!

I think that Pororo is not the manufacturer but another brand made in the same factory in China, along with several other brands. I _think_ Happy Flute is the manufacturer.

The difference between Happy Flute and Alva is that Happy Flute is a big pain to deal with (like way more of a pain than Alva) and they have pretty high minimums. I've heard Pororo is the same way. Alva has a website that anyone can order just a handful of diapers from, and they have reasonably good customer service for being in China and not being native English speakers, so when a US company tries to charge $20 for one of their diapers, it's a big good ripoff IMO.

You can get these same covers for a little cheaper in a co-op, but you'll likely have to wait several weeks or longer to get them, and you don't have good customer service if something goes wrong. Once you factor in co-op, PayPal, STH, and shipping to you fees, you're not going to save much compared to this sale, though it's probably still worth it if you're getting a fun print or minky or something. DS has a limited selection compared to what you _could_ get from HF (if you can hit the mins).

So far on my orders, Diaper Safari has shipped within a day of the order being placed, and the free shipping has been super fast. They have awesome customer service and have replaced diapers at no charge for everyone here who has had a problem and contacted them.

I am not a huge fan of rebranded China Cheapies, but Diaper Safari has been offering great prices, free shipping and awesome customer service... worth the slightly higher prices IMO!

I ordered from this sale and can't wait to get my diapers I also have an order via co-op placed with Happy Flute, but that is largely for things that Diaper Safari doesn't offer.

Advertisement

rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:06 AM   #92
anniekins1488
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowgirl28 View Post
I think that Pororo is not the manufacturer but another brand made in the same factory in China, along with several other brands. I _think_ Happy Flute is the manufacturer.

The difference between Happy Flute and Alva is that Happy Flute is a big pain to deal with (like way more of a pain than Alva) and they have pretty high minimums. I've heard Pororo is the same way. Alva has a website that anyone can order just a handful of diapers from, and they have reasonably good customer service for being in China and not being native English speakers, so when a US company tries to charge $20 for one of their diapers, it's a big good ripoff IMO.

You can get these same covers for a little cheaper in a co-op, but you'll likely have to wait several weeks or longer to get them, and you don't have good customer service if something goes wrong. Once you factor in co-op, PayPal, STH, and shipping to you fees, you're not going to save much compared to this sale, though it's probably still worth it if you're getting a fun print or minky or something. DS has a limited selection compared to what you _could_ get from HF (if you can hit the mins).

So far on my orders, Diaper Safari has shipped within a day of the order being placed, and the free shipping has been super fast. They have awesome customer service and have replaced diapers at no charge for everyone here who has had a problem and contacted them.

I am not a huge fan of rebranded China Cheapies, but Diaper Safari has been offering great prices, free shipping and awesome customer service... worth the slightly higher prices IMO!

I ordered from this sale and can't wait to get my diapers I also have an order via co-op placed with Happy Flute, but that is largely for things that Diaper Safari doesn't offer.
That's what I'm thinking now too, since you mamas were nice enough to offer a different perspective for me. I think I'm going to order solid colors from DS, and just the prints I want and a few minky covers from the coop.

Swag with me! I earn $25 in Amazon gift cards every month with very little effort! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Anniekins1488
anniekins1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 12:13 AM   #93
rainbowgirl28
Registered Users
seller

I'm jealous that you're getting minky covers, we couldn't hit mins on those and I really wanted minky orange! Oh well, I don't even know why I am ordering so many covers, I'm switching DS back to all pockets anyway!
rainbowgirl28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:44 PM   #94
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ok... This sale is lasting way too long. I'm loving my covers so much I think I want to get a couple pockets too. I love the nautical color and marigold. Hmmmm...

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:46 PM   #95
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
Ok... This sale is lasting way too long. I'm loving my covers so much I think I want to get a couple pockets too. I love the nautical color and marigold. Hmmmm...
Nautical is a great color! So is concord if you don't have it. Their colors are so rich and pretty!

I'm waiting on a marigold cover
Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #96
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebandive View Post
I know! I have it open on my tabs and am still debating.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #97
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbailey89 View Post

I know! I have it open on my tabs and am still debating.
You should take a long hard look at your avvie and then take it as serious advice.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #98
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm View Post
You should take a long hard look at your avvie and then take it as serious advice.
I do. It's how I've felt lately.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #99
lalaura
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Just ordered 4! Based on reviews I have a feeling I will be selling my flips lol

Do flip inserts fit well in these? What else does everyone put in them?

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone

Proud SAHM to 2 beautiful girls J (03/11/07) and Z (01/18/10)
lalaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #100
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalaura
Just ordered 4! Based on reviews I have a feeling I will be selling my flips lol

Do flip inserts fit well in these? What else does everyone put in them?

please excuse craziness - I am on my phone
Yes I am thinking the same thing lol
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote