Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #31
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Homeschool check in Feb 14th-28th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasmom View Post
how do you all manage to do house work and homeschooling I am getting behind on my house work and not sure what I can do to solve that issue
I'm always behind....always...always...always. No matter if I try to get a routine or find some magic website that promises to have my house ship-shape in 24 hrs. I just can't seem to get it all done to my level of satisfaction. So, what I've done, is just learn to let go of some stuff. yep...I surrendered I make sure everyone has clean undies. I make sure nothing and no one stinks. If stinkin' is going on, it's dealt w/immediately. I clean things as I have time and as they arise. For example, when I'm putting left-overs in the fridge, I wipe down/clean off a shelf. Then the next day do the next shelf, etc. I give chores to the children. My oldest has to vacuum, clean the kids' bathroom, clean the chicken house, and put up his laundry/clean his room. The little kids have to do age appropriate chores such as put toys/clothes, bring down laundry, clean mama's bathroom, collect eggs, and help put up dishes. I try to make sure that each night things are relatively tidy and not complete and utter chaos.

But.....this is what doesn't get done as frequently as I would like....windows, base boards, ceiling fans, dusting, mopping, general organization of things, etc. So the little general things are done regularly, but the big stuff just has to get pushed to the side until I can't stand it anymore. Then we declare a day Cleaning Day, ditch school, and clean until we want to die LOL

just breath...and remember it's just a season of life. one day, your house will be spotless and orderly, but, your kids won't be there and you will be sad. try to enjoy the chaos and the clutter and the mess for now. try to be thankful for the stinky diapers and the peanut butter stuck to the floor and the mounds and mounds of dishes and laundry. and if that doesn't work, try wine...it's magical

Advertisement

lyn1270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:01 PM   #32
Texasmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

I dont feel as bad then hearing others have a tough time in this area as well.
Old 02-20-2013, 09:49 PM   #33
Britches~in~Stitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hi. Sorry I dropped off the face of the planet. Last week was crazy busy, and this week hasn't been any better. Dh and i made a difficult but right for us decision this week that will make the next few months...interesting. I'm hoping for a "slow" day tomorrow.

I quickly scanned the thread, but I didn't read it well . I plan to stay more on top of it though now that the week is "winding down."

Dd and I have been doing the basics again, but she's stopped guess reading as much which is an improvement. I've started looking at next years curriculum, and really can't decide yet. I feel scatter brained and focused at the same time, and it feels like chaos .

I have a planner that I've printed for my binder, but I still haven't gotten myself in gear enough to actually use it. That should be my next goal.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #34
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britches~in~Stitches View Post
Hi. Sorry I dropped off the face of the planet. Last week was crazy busy, and this week hasn't been any better. Dh and i made a difficult but right for us decision this week that will make the next few months...interesting. I'm hoping for a "slow" day tomorrow.

I quickly scanned the thread, but I didn't read it well . I plan to stay more on top of it though now that the week is "winding down."

Dd and I have been doing the basics again, but she's stopped guess reading as much which is an improvement. I've started looking at next years curriculum, and really can't decide yet. I feel scatter brained and focused at the same time, and it feels like chaos .

I have a planner that I've printed for my binder, but I still haven't gotten myself in gear enough to actually use it. That should be my next goal.
praying for decision <3

i know how you feel about the curriculum. i always research new stuff, but then i always find myself falling back to what we've been using. uggghhh....whoever said HSing was easy is CRAZY! LOL
Old 02-21-2013, 09:38 AM   #35
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

decent day so far. DS1 did school w/o complaining (watch out...the earth could quit spinning LOL). DS2 & DS3 did some computer stuff together, then we all painted. now they are on a "wrestling" break before I break out w/lunch and some more school! DH & the 2 oldest boys will be gone this weekend. In my mind I have visions of grandeur as to what I can accomplish. In reality i know I'll probably just hang w/little man, drink some wine, and sleep in
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #36
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post
decent day so far. DS1 did school w/o complaining (watch out...the earth could quit spinning LOL). DS2 & DS3 did some computer stuff together, then we all painted. now they are on a "wrestling" break before I break out w/lunch and some more school! DH & the 2 oldest boys will be gone this weekend. In my mind I have visions of grandeur as to what I can accomplish. In reality i know I'll probably just hang w/little man, drink some wine, and sleep in
I do this, too, only without the wine. Glad y'all have had a good day so far. So nice when those come around. Not that we have more bad days than good, but we tend to go in spurts.

AFU, we're having a pretty relaxed day. Yesterday we didn't do schoolwork, just played in the snow (so rare) and played on electronics. Today the kids are plugging away at their work. I'm hoping we can wrap it all up soon and play a game. DH is home today, which is nice, as it means I'll be able to go do some reading on that book I just bought.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:01 PM   #37
2queens&1princenmyhouse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It snowed here! The girls are ticked off that PS gets a snow day and I still expect them to do work. Well, tough! PS kids also roll out of bed before 10:30 and sit at a desk for 7+ hours a day. Get over it! Anyhoo-once we got over that hump all was well. DS didn't have pre-k, so he was able to do both math and reading today. They will probably be out again tomorrow as well (wind chills are well below zero). I might relent and let them have a light day tomorrow so they can freeze their rear ends off sledding!
2queens&1princenmyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #38
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2queens&1princenmyhouse View Post
It snowed here! The girls are ticked off that PS gets a snow day and I still expect them to do work. Well, tough! PS kids also roll out of bed before 10:30 and sit at a desk for 7+ hours a day. Get over it! Anyhoo-once we got over that hump all was well. DS didn't have pre-k, so he was able to do both math and reading today. They will probably be out again tomorrow as well (wind chills are well below zero). I might relent and let them have a light day tomorrow so they can freeze their rear ends off sledding!
LOL! my kids do the same. The PS kids in our area have been on winter break this week. DS1 thought about whining then saw my face He decided his life was way better than any PS kid and that he'd zip it for minute

and even though today was good, our good days/bad days come and go. some days good, some days not so much.

tomorrow we are taking the day off. DS1, DS2, and DH are headed out of town to do some construction work for my mom. Well, DH is gonna work, DS's are gonna play w/GPa tomorrow morning I am taking the kids to a FREE (yes free!!) movie at our local theater. It's Madagascar. Admission is free. I'll only have to pay for concessions if we get anything. Then it's home and the big kids and DH will head out. Then DS3 and I will be on our own. He's not happy about missing out on a trip to Gmas, but it is what it is. He's too young to go and not be directly supervised (he's 3). But we'll have a good time here I'm sure.
Old 02-21-2013, 05:11 PM   #39
lyn1270
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

FYI.....if anyone wants to purchase Reading Eggs, now's a good time. Zulily has it on a special for $30 for the year. so a great deal. The last deal I saw w/it was $54 thru homeschoolbuyerscoop.com
Old 02-22-2013, 01:15 AM   #40
Britches~in~Stitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyn1270 View Post
praying for decision <3

i know how you feel about the curriculum. i always research new stuff, but then i always find myself falling back to what we've been using. uggghhh....whoever said HSing was easy is CRAZY! LOL
Thank you, and I agree 100%. It seems as soon as I think I have everything ironed out, I change my mind. Really, it'd be easier if I didn't have so many options. Also, why is it that everything I like takes forever to set up?

I did get the calmer day, but it was more like be careful what you wish for...dh and 2 girls were sick last night/this morning. School did happen though, thanks to dh helping out.

Texasmom I never have a clean house, and all the school done in me day. I spend all morning/evening running around crazy trying to clean all weekend, and then we school during the week. One thing that has helped is dh does dishes if I cook, and dd unloads the dishwasher when it's finished. At least then it doesn't get too bad.
Britches~in~Stitches is offline   Reply With Quote