Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-14-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
themrshunt
Senior Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Update - Ebay transaction question

First off, thanks for the advice. I heard back the next day and she wanted to cancel the transaction. Now I just need to get updated pics and relist it. I'm just glad it turned out ok for both parties.

So I listed and sold a diaper bag. I got it out this morning to pack it up and noticed a pen mark on the front of the bag I had missed when describing it. The auction listed it as like new condition. I emailed the buyer asking what she wanted me to do, refund or ship it anyways and I included a picture. I have not heard back and I had put I would ship in 1-2 business days.
Do I wait to hear from her? Send it tomorrow even if I don't? Refund? It is one of my first eBay sales and I just want to handle it the correct way.

Advertisement

Last edited by themrshunt; 02-18-2013 at 08:17 PM.
themrshunt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Ebay transaction question

Definitely wait to hear from her before doing anything. If she doesn't respond today, message again tomorrow - explain that you're waiting to hear from her before taking any further action with the transaction. Make sure to apologize for missing it! (I'm sure you have, cuz you sound apologetic just here but a sincere apology goes a long way)
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #3
junebug2311
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Definitely wait to hear from her before doing anything. If she doesn't respond today, message again tomorrow - explain that you're waiting to hear from her before taking any further action with the transaction. Make sure to apologize for missing it! (I'm sure you have, cuz you sound apologetic just here but a sincere apology goes a long way)
I agree
Old 02-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
Aalt
Registered Users

Re: Ebay transaction question

I made a similar mistake with a baby outfit that had a small stain that i didn't notice until packing it. I offered a partial refund (about 20% off) and my buyer was okay with that. Hold out until you can come to a resolution. Pics should be very helpful. Being honest and upfront is definitely the way to go IMO. Some buyers just aren't flexible, but most are understanding.
Aalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #5
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalt
I made a similar mistake with a baby outfit that had a small stain that i didn't notice until packing it. I offered a partial refund (about 20% off) and my buyer was okay with that. Hold out until you can come to a resolution. Pics should be very helpful. Being honest and upfront is definitely the way to go IMO. Some buyers just aren't flexible, but most are understanding.
This and next time take pictures of ur items. It helps with finding flaws!